I reworked HARO Emails - Less Spam, More PR Leads. Good idea or not?

ovixs90

So, I was skimming through Twitter one day and bumped into a chat about HARO (Help a Reporter Out). A reply from a cool startup CEO hit home:

"The only problem I find with them is that now they send me 4 emails per day every day, and I sincerely read like 1-2 per week."

I felt the same. HARO is a great way to build backlinks and did get me some sweet media mentions before, but it's a huge time-sink. Sifting through those emails felt like hunting for a needle in a haystack.

Ironically, the folks most sought after for answers are often too swamped to sift through those emails.

Then I thought, why not redesign HARO emails and make it actually usable for busy people like us, with a dash of AI magic?

Keyword filtering, like the one HARO’s got, didn’t cut it. It’s like swinging between missing out or drowning in too much.

So, I played around with an idea. Gave a user profile and a HARO query to ChatGPT and asked it to play matchmaker, rating it from 0-100. The result is very interesting. GPT-3.5 was like, “Oh, you’re both into tech? Perfect match!” Where GPT-4 would understand a more nuance and be able to do a much better job at this.

With this approach, I filtered down the daily flood of 100 HARO spam to just 1-2 that actually make sense for you. Here’s a peek at what your new, breezy HARO email would look like.

For example as someone who worked in the tech and AI field, this morning it gave me this:"100% Match: AI Trends to Look for in 2024. Media Outlet: InformationWeek (DA 86)"

What do you think of this as a business idea?

Cheers,

Founder at PressPulse.ai

p.s. Drop me a comment if anyone wants to try it out.

@ovixs90 This is interesting, I suggest you post in some PR subs to ask for feedback and testers..... I think they'd get hooked! I'd love to try it, if you don't mind, I'm a new solopreneur and I can understand if I'm mnot your target