In person connecting app… 1 on 1. Thoughts?

nikki22

The target audience are users who are willing/able to meet with their match within a weeks time. You can meet anyone for friends to dates. Men meeting men. Women meeting men. Men meeting women. Etc. Grid style and only see 9-18 profiles a day. Your new profiles will change every 24 hours. The app revolves around in person meetups. So once you and someone decide you want to meet up, you’re then both taken to an availability screen. Fill it for the coming week, and the app generates a day, time, and location to meet. You review how the meetup went: if they looked like their profile, If they behaved inappropriately, and if you’d want to hang with them again? Once you submit, you can go back and repeat the process.

3 strike rule. Strikes if you don’t show up, and strike for 3 flagged warnings. Warning include not looking like your pics, unwanted behavior, canceling a meetup, etc. Each profile onn the grid will have a color outlined on their box eg. green=no strikes, yellow=1 strike, red=2 strikes, and 3rd strike bans you for 3-6 months (still deciding).

Again, the app is for those who are new to town, want to meet locals (for friends or dates), who are bored and have nothing upcoming the week ahead, etc. Daytes. Simple. I’m only starting it in my local city. 5 mile diameter.
I completely agree, and get that this style of meeting ppl is not for everyone, but for those, like me who want to meet others quicker and get to the point… I would use it myself.

Thoughts?

@nikki22 Find people you belive are the users of an app like this; find out-
  1. What are they currently doing to address the problem you describe; what do they choose to do it this way; what alternatives did they try; why did they prefer the current way.
  2. Can they think of a better way; what is missing or frustrating about the current way
  3. Show them a prototype of your app (ppt or diagrams is enough) ask- would they consider this as a better way? How much would they pay? What is missing from it.