(Includes own link) What do you think of our Micro SaaS ideas?

phel240sx

We spent a week looking at existing plugins for popular platforms including WordPress, Figma, and Shopify, and these are the potential ideas we got:
  1. Infographic automator - infographics are one of the most attractive and informative forms of social media marketing but creating them is resource intensive and there's nothing that truly automates the creation of satisfying inforgraphics that we could find
  2. Google Reviews + Translator - this is a plugin idea for WordPress as we found tons of translators and tons of Google Review displayers but nothing that combined both
  3. A wrist-focused VR app - this time it's for Shopify, and meant to help users project a digital image of a product on their body, with an emphasis on watches ala chrono24 or watchbox
  4. AI-powered Decision Tree - a WP plugin again, it's for sites that have multiple services or products and can be hard for new users to navigate, so the AI directs them to likely pages
  5. A grammar corrector - this time it's for Figma, since a lot of designers are not native English speakers, and while there are lots of these already, the idea is to go into competitor's comments and find weaknesses to exploit - one that we found was a persistent request for per-section checking rather than continuous project-wide.
How would you rate these ideas out of 10?

Also, the video in case you'd like to hear our justifications in more detail:

Cheers!

@phel240sx
  1. 10/10 I'm looking out for one myself. I just want to throw some sentences with data and need some visual representations of the same. I tried looking up for some but not sure if something automated is present out there
  2. Not relevant for me
  3. Not relevant to me
  4. 5/10 - Might work for for large-scale enterprise products. Not so much for startups. A chat bot can do the same with simple logic setting
  5. Not relevant fo me

@rmb60 Hey, thanks man.

We found one early MVP called infographic ninja, which is what convinced us that this is not just a viable idea but one without much competition as of yet.

@phel240sx Infographic Automator has the biggest use case and is by far a painkiller solution.

But not sure how hard it is to train a LLM (I’m assuming you will want to use one) to create something as good as a senior designer.

@heartfullofchrist I remember even years ago - we had a super duper graphic designer, and even she was like nope I don't do infographics, they hard.

Since then, it's been pretty much the same thing, so yeah this one comes from the heart.

@phel240sx A well executed app to serve this type of content(infographics, charts, etc) can do really really well. Especially if you connect it to various marketplaces.

@phel240sx 1) Hard to compete with canva

2) Not sure how big market is but can work. I wouldn't have a need.

3) Not bad but I would probably do it as an app/website and make money from affiliate links to where they can buy the watch

4) So a recommendation engine?

5) is this a big problem? Are people paying for this today or are they free plugins?

@phel240sx
  1. Good idea, very much needed but pretty tough to go against Canva. I had to create some infographics for a Real Estate website.. ended up going to Canva - they make it too easy
  2. Loox, a Shopify app does this for reviews imported from AliExpress but not too sure about Google reviews
  3. This could be cool. I think AR would be better.. you could see how the watch looks on your wrist while shopping 🤷‍♂️
  4. Not relevant to me
  5. Not relevant to me

@phel240sx
  1. 10/10 if you can delivery on quality, you got something here!
  2. 6/10: more common so harder to market and differentiate yourself. Gotta be great at sales
  3. 3/10 - Too soon?
  4. N/A
  5. 8/10: very specific and very interesting. As long as your marketing is correct that might be an interesting idea to leverage