Input/advice, what do with 9 functional PCs?

ann3

I acquired 9 Dell OptiPlex 990 N-Series Core i3 PCs, I don’t really need them, but don’t want to throw them out either. I’m no computer scientist but I’m good with computers and networking.

Anyone out there know of a cool project i can tinker with using this equipment?

Pic

@ann3 maybe not the type of project you are looking for but many are doing online learning from home and might not have access to or have to share a device. a local school might be able to make them learning PCs.

@emmar1121 Really cool! Looking it over now.

My girlfriend tutors a mix of special needs and underprivileged kids, I might ask her to keep an eye out for kids without or who could benefit from a better machine.

Either way food for thought, thank you.

@ann3 Old style first-person shooter multiplayer party? Come over guys... this time leave your desktops at home, all is already wired in our war room! Free beer!

Heh, al' good days when playing a multiplayer meant to pack up your desktop including bulky monitor... But much more fun when you saw your victim jumping from the seat or screaming in real life!

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum!

@ann3 As other users suggested, go to subreddits like r/homelab and r/selfhosted because those subreddits are specific to the niche you're looking at.

Some quick ideas off the top of my head are
  • Home server
  • You could sell components from the PCs to make some money