Is Hosting on cPanel Enough for Speed and Security, or Should I Switch to AWS?

ctender01

I’ve just finished developing a full SaaS application and I’m getting ready for its official release and marketing push. Currently, my web app is entirely hosted on cPanel. As I’m preparing to launch, I have some concerns about the performance and security aspects of my hosting setup.

Here are my main questions:
  1. Speed and Performance: Will hosting a SaaS on cPanel affect the speed and scalability of my application as my user base grows? Are there specific limitations I should be aware of?
  2. Security: How secure is a cPanel-hosted application compared to something hosted on AWS or other cloud platforms? What steps should I take to ensure my application is secure if I stick with cPanel?
  3. Scalability and Reliability: Has anyone here successfully run a SaaS business with their application hosted solely on cPanel? What were your experiences in terms of uptime, scalability, and handling traffic spikes?

@eschatologist It’s managed hosting i bought unlimited on most of the thing i need. I think the server is in uk or something whatever but i am new to this hosting thing i have more to learn.

@ctender01 The performance of your application depends on:

- its architecture, how it's structured, the language and framework it was built with

- the performance of the server where you are hosting it

So look at your hosting account for information regarding the performance of your hosting package (CPU, RAM, storage, traffic, etc.).

Security depends on how your hosting provider treats things and how your app was implemented.

@2time Agreed. Most of OPs concerns are related to architecture of the application itself. The decision on the hosting provider can be made based on
- if there are services/features present to support the architecture that you want to have in place. Ex- Need cdn, ddos protection, autoscaling etc
- if an alternative platform is more cost effective

Back