Is there Value in this kind of Web-Application? [more details below]

lightlight

Hi fellow Redditors, I’m posting to seek your feedback if there’s value in this kind of application. It’s an alternative E-Signature Application that uses QR-Code as signatures instead of images containing Handwritten Signatures.

I have a prototype for you to review and play with at https://zkpdocs.online

User Accounts for testing:

[administrator@email.com](mailto:administrator@email.com)

password

The other users/signatories can be found at the User’s Tab, all the other user’s password is: password

Before you check-out the application, please read the context for the development of this application.

Goodbye to Paperwork, Hello to Efficiency!

Tired dealing with the hassle of traditional signatures?

Afraid that your digital signature will be stolen?

Say hello to ZKPDocs - where convenience meets security with QR-Code Technology.

How it Works:
  1. Upload your PDF to ZKPDocs.
  2. Assign your Document Signatories, and their signature fields.
  3. Share the Document to your Signatories.
  4. After all Signatories have signed, finalize the Document and make it Self-Verifiable!
The QR-Codes embedded in the Document serve as the Signatures of the Document Signatories. The now Self-Verifiable Document can be tested for tampering via the Application’s Verification Portal.

Highlights:

-Users can sign from any device that has a browser.

-Documents are signed and managed securely through the Website.

-Completed and signed documents become secure, self-verifiable and instantly accessible.

Why ZKP?

ZKP stands for Zero Knowledge Protocol. In a nutshell, the security measures implemented in this application does not require any sensitive identifiers from the signatories to associate Validity and Authenticity of the Signed and Completed Documents.

@lightlight Its a neat idea, have you checked with laywers kung binding yung mga ganito?

May value naman, pero it needs to be more robust with more features. Pricing din nito usually is mababa lang compared sa ibang software products. Not sure if it is going to fly here in PH. Given din na pwede naman ako mag save na lang ng photo ng signature ko tapos ilagay sa Acrobat Reader, for me di ko nakikita yung value ng ganito. Its a nice to have, pero it does not solve new problems or make admins' tasks easier.

@hajime Actually the pricing is the one thing I'd like to emphasize. Ideally this would be a per "org" kasi yung mga pricing ng others is per month per user.
Balak ko pricing is per month unli users - for as long as kaya ng server capacity (storage, computing power).

Yung paglagay kasi ng photo sa PDF, puwede nakawin. And others will claim it as theirs, lalo na mga self signed certificate. Which makes it difficult to validate.

And yes, will consult with lawyers too.

I appreciate your comments on this, I will look into it more. For now, the core functions are currently in the prototype - to showcase the validation and issuance part.

Thank you very much!

@lightlight It would work sa mga medium to large companies with multiple parties involved sa mga contracts. Pero at that level parang mag docusign na lang sila. Siguro figure out mo muna kung sino yung pinaka market mo. Make it as niche as possible tapos magexpand ka na lang outwards from that. Kapag masyado kasi kalat yung features mo or sobrang generic, no one will take an interest. You should find your niche market, ask them what features related sa ginagawa mo na they would really like that makes their life easier tapos ganon mo siya imarket.

@lightlight What is your security assessment to make sure QR codes are not spoofed? FBI and DefCon community has been reminding everyone to stay away from QR codes and I am really surprised Philippines is still leaning toward QR heavily.

@episkopay Hi! I appreciate this comment.

I'm afraid that I cannot disclose beyond my post because I would then be disclosing my security design. Rest assured, QR-Codes embedded in the PDF are only valid for the PDF where they were embedded.

You may try to test it by taking a PDF from the application, edit it, and use the verification portal of the app: https://zkpdocs.online/documents-verification

@episkopay Hi Sorry for getting back late.

I have made some changes to the UI, were you able to access it?

I had some friends retry it on their phones, it does work for them.

@lightlight I may not be the target for this app, but I won't use it as binding document.

One use-case that I may consider depending on your implementation is as a file-signing feature.

If it integrates well, the same QR code can give information on the contribution of each member/team to a file/build/release. This might improve internal tracking without exposing stakeholders sa dev tools or complicated project management tools

@famohseven4b1g I see, that makes a lot of sense. I've received feedback before that one use-case would be similar to how schools handle student clearance or something? I don't recall it correctly.

One use-case that I may consider depending on your implementation is as a file-signing feature.

Yes, technically that's the main feature, and the validation for authenticity is the heart and soul of the application.