Journey to launch - After many internal struggles, I finally launched my start up

annodynamic

Hey Everyone! After talking to many nice people here over the last few months, I am finally launching Typogram, a next-generation logo design and editing tool for non-designers. Typogram helps you to design a unique logo for your startup. Our app also helps you learn essential branding and marketing knowledge in the design process. Though I can share our journey to launch here in case it's helpful to anyone!

Why did we build Typogram?

My-cofounder and I are both passionate designers that want to create easy-to-use design tools enabling people to feel empowered and creative. We want to make the design more accessible for non-designers, especially startup founders and entrepreneurs.

Our Journey

At the beginning, Typogram was a design tool for professional designers. As we interviewed users, we realized that our app better served non-designers. We met many new business owners looking to launch their products with branding and a unique logo. They needed their logos designed but didn’t know who to turn to. Many ended up designing logos themselves and complained about the lack of learning resources and an easy-to-use, beginner-friendly tool geared especially for non-designers to design logos. After hearing about this pain point, we put our heads down to work.

Using what we learned, we created several features to support our initial users:
  • Exclusive, proprietary slider editable icons you won’t find anywhere else.
  • 8 integrated logo design methods
  • Brand kit featuring logos, brand color palette, fonts, and brand guideline
  • Mini design, typography, and marketing lessons integrated with the app
Feel free to check out and let us know what you think! I also wrote a bit more about our journey in the original post.