Just another city app or the next best city guide?

Hi friends, this post is about an startup I am creating here in San Diego. Struggling to get traction. Thoughts?

About my app. It's an interactive site called Rank-X (rank-x.com) , that has lists about things in San Diego and people vote for their favorite items for that category. The categories can be about food, nightlife, activities, etc. Its similar to Yelp, in the sense that information overlaps, but we don't rate businesses as a whole on a 1-5 stars scale, we simply give a vote up or down for a particular category, and our categories are way cooler and precise. People can also post comments in each category or in each business profile but comments and opinions don't carry any weight into the rating of a business. Other users can agree or disagree with other people's comments.

About business model:
Businesses can enhance their presence in the app purchasing two features.
1. Since the site is about rankings (sortable lists), businesses can purchase a “custom rank” or list for their business... for instance a brewery can purchase a ranking for their beers, a famous burger joint can purchase a list for their burgers. People can vote and comment on specific items or aspects about a business, etc.
2. Another feature that businesses can buy is Specials slots... basically you put a special that users can look for real time by neighborhood or keyword.

Thanks for reading this post, and even more if you take time to give me some feedback.