Launched a Typeform alternative and we hit $12k in revenue within 3 weeks of launch

billyc115

We launched Youform.io and within 3 weeks, we hit $12,000 in revenue.

It's a Typeform alternative that allows unlimited forms and unlimited responses (even on the free plan).

The Pro tier is $29/month (or $399 one-time payment for lifetime access) and allows users to remove branding, have their form on a custom domain, and a few other premium features.

I think Youform has resonated well because many people like Typeform, but hate their pricing. With Youform, we give them a similar UI and UX, but with reasonable pricing.

@katiejean Yeah, IMO building a following of 18k was the main success here. Hitting 12k revenue seems natural if you have that many organic followers already. Not to discount the product itself, but marketing is often one of the hardest parts.

@duke7779 Honestly building an audience on social media is easy... Talk to people.

People think you need viral posts. Nope. Find people in your niche, follow interesting ones, then start engaging with them. And engage with people who engage with them.

Your goal is to have as many positive mentions of your name as possible in any given community.

So be funny or helpful or interesting.

This helps in two incredibly important ways: Network effect. And the other is that literally all social media platforms push people who use the platforms and provide high quality replies--more so than high quality content when you're first starting out.

I built 6k followers in like 2 weeks with several hundred likes doing that any time I posted doing that. Real people, no bots. Because I engaged with dozens of not hundreds of people a day with small, positive conversations in my niche.

The only thing... Is that it's kind of exhausting doing that for 4-8 hours a day.😅 so if you have a budget, I'd hire someone to do it.