LLM in search of problems on Reddit

sozoforever

Hi, (as usual :D) against the principle of "Do things that dont scale" I was wondering if I am able to identify a potential niche / problem demand using LLM.

The original idea was to synthesize and potentially categorize the posts from Reddit, then based on the extracted information grouping them in more detail than the subreddit itself.

The categorization looks pretty good considering the lack of an available pool of categories, although because of this it came out less uniform, more like tags.

For synthesis / problem identification it is less effective, there is probably room for improvement in the prompt itself. Subreddits also play a role, some of which are content that does not contain problems, such as show offs.

Below I have included a link to sheets with some processed entries from two subreddits if you would like to check the effects.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vktpvNSDUcGyTIoqikCwK0FA531TY2-yZjMayOdoRSk/edit?usp=sharing

Greetings :)

@sozoforever One idea adjacent to this I have had for a while is -

On subreddits like r/prague, people often ask the same information again and again.

If there is a bot that takes the user question and does a semantic search across all previous posts and then returns a list of potential threads with the info that user needs, in a comment - that could be useful.

@fhim That's a pretty good idea. Thanks for dropping off a particular subreddit, I'd be happy to test this out in practice and share the results after tweaks

Back