Marketing For Your Lifestyle Business -- Technical Marketing Guide For 4 Hour Work Week Fans

keish62

After reading tons of reviews about Tim Ferriss' 4 Hour Work Week, I've noticed 1 thing: many people fail while trying to use marketing methods described by Tim.

As I do marketing for a living, I've decided to gather some tips that might help people who struggle while building lifestyle / passive businesses.

So far, I've gathered tips like this:

PREPARATION (HOW TO GET READY TO BUILD A BUSINESS THAT HELPS YOU ESCAPE 9-5)

1) Analytics setup and measurement (GA tracking code, FB Pixel, setting goals (OMTM), setting & tracking KPI’s) + gathering data

2) Experimenting mindset / growth mindset (backlog of experiments, ways to track results, spreadsheets for tracking experiments & growth). How to make your business’ growth a system.

ACQUISITION (HOW TO GET THE INITIAL TRACTION AND START BRINGING THOSE PEOPLE TO YOUR SITE + TECHNICAL SETUP TIPS FOR NON-TECHNICALS)

3) Facebook Ads - quick wins + ability to experiment instantly (setup + targeting + analysis + pro tip: remarketing) (consider bonus for those who don’t have money for ads: communities)

4) SEO (on-page setup + basic tactics (tips for writing content (dwell time), tips for SERP CTR video, communities outreach, influencer outreach (skyscraper), consider pro tip: keyword analysis)

CONVERSION (HOW TO MAKE THEM SIGN-UP FOR THE FIRST TIME)

5) How to use freebies for continuous stream of leads

6) Building landing pages (simple WP solutions, Unbounce, popups)

7) Copywriting tips for product description / copywriting for conversion / copywriting for landing pages / sales pages

GETTING CLOSER TO THE SALE: (HOW TO MAKE IT NATURAL FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS TO BUY FROM YOU)

8) Email marketing (focus on value)

9) How to make sales pages / sales emails that make you money without being salesy

HOW TO BUILD A THRIVING BUSINESS AND KEEP YOUR SANITY

10) Process automation

11) Productivity tips for people who want to start their business but don’t have enough time to do it

What do you guys think? Would any of you like to learn things like this?

@keish62 Classic growth hacker, pre selling a list of tips instead of posting the tips 😏 haha!

Take my up vote though, it's at least a solid list of things for me to Google! Please do post the tips, there were a few items on that list I'd love having a shortcut to the knowledge