Modularlized Zeppelin drone (estimated to be 40 times energy efficient than helicopter drones)

doctored

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_transport - Air cargo - 0.8063 kg of CO2 per Ton-Mile - Truck - 0.1693 kg of CO2 per Ton-Mile - Train - 0.1048 kg of CO2 per Ton-Mile - Sea freight - 0.0403 kg of CO2 per Ton-Mile - Zeppelin - 0.0887 kg of CO2 per Ton-Mile
Zeppelin is far more efficient than airplane, also, airplanes are far more efficient than helicopter.
I think Helium Cubes can be modularised, equipped with magnets, attached to neighboring Helium Cubes. (
)
By equipping omnicopter (omnidirectional drone) with electromagnet, it can attach and detach helium cubes to neighboring cubes in certain shape; it can attach itself to Heluim Cube, propel the Helium Cube.
If Helium Cube is e.g. 1m x 1m x 1m, buoyancy it will generate will be around 1kgf, the mass of omnicopter attached thereto will be 1kg, even though it can be sized 0.5m x 0.5m x 0.5m, etc, not 1m x 1m x 1m. Because it will have same weight as much as the buoyancy Helium Cube gonna generate, it will effectively work as a replacement of ballast.
If payload is loaded, the number of omnicopters attached to the Helium Cubes will be reduced to neutralise the buoyancy/weight to make airship to be gravity-neutral. (e.g. to lift the person of 70 kg, e.g. 100 1kgf (1m3) Cubes will be attached to each other with magnets, e.g. 30 1kg drones will be attached thereto)
Payload can be possibly loaded within the structure formed by drones.
Ideally, modules shall have the sizes of powers of two, e.g. 1m (20), 0.5m (2-1), 2m (21), 0.25m (2-2), 0.125m (2-3), 4m (22), 8m (23).
Modules can be battery module, sensor module, computer module, solar cell module, etc.
Particularly, Helium Cube can be equipped with solar panel or reflection panel to concentrate sunlight to e.g. the panel at the omnicopter.
Poorest countries in the world are landlocked countries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landlocked_country), so they can't use sea freight and they lack adequate infrastructure for train or truck, Airship can be a great solution.
It can 'Uberize' drones, it can make drone taxi/flying car reality. (the payload can include human, human being possibly seated in the structure formed by helium cubes)

@doctored I read this twice and was confused, but I feel this is due to the formatting.

I have worked with a few pioneers in hybrid airships and agree that there is definitely a future for them. I just am not sure what you are saying exactly.

@doctored Great Idea. How are you going to make this happen? Start small can you sell drone kits to people and make a kickstarter? Netflix started mailing people DVDs now it's huge.

Back