Monthly subscription service?

gani

Hey y’all, first time poster here. I was thinking about the possibility of a survival/preparedness monthly subscription service that puts together a BOB for you in the event of a doomsday scenario. The event in question would be a zombie apocalypse, unrealistic but adds some fun flavor while still allowing for more realistic scenarios to be prepped for. The service would be mostly geared towards individuals that want to get into preps but either don’t have the time, storage, or personal knowledge to do so on their own. It would have to localized to a city/county for easier distribution in the event of an apocalyptic event. The subscription price would go towards acquiring gear, putting it together, storing it until needed, and the constant upgrading of gear. I already have a list of pros and cons and rough business plan but what are some of your thoughts on this? Would it work? What would need to change? Thanks! I can answer any questions as well as I have more details about the process and how it might work.

@gani This should be a yearly+ plan, not monthly.

I currently pay a service something like $100 and every 3 years they send me a decked out survival backpack with all the gear/medical/food/supplies you’d need to last a few weeks.

@gani No man, I don’t think there is market for this. Unless you are in war torn countries but they won’t have money for subscription. Personally I won’t use this service didn’t make much sense to my mind.

@desperatewife There is 100% a market for this. Check out any of the survivalist, tacticool, backpacking, prepper, or similar communities out there. Lots of money is spent for these types of hobbies / pursuits, you just have to have a good marketing strategy to fit the niche market.

@teephony Oh is it..sorry I wasn’t aware of this niche. Might be possible in US or countries with depth in market. I’m in India so it’s not a possibility here. Do proper research how the companies performing in this market all the best