My side Project Made $30k in Apr 2024 (in Lifetime Deal)

hey_dude777

Last month we made $30,000+ from my AI SaaS (Dottypost.com) for the first time.

Here's how you can do it too👇

(1) Pick a problem people have, don't solve any random problem (no guessing here).

(2) Having an audience hugely increases your chances of success. Start writing. Build in public. Let people know what you're building. I do it via Twitter (@ankit_saas)

(3) Content, Distribution, Design, Building. Follow these steps in order.

(4) Launch MVP and give it for FREE. Take feedback. Iterate. and put a price.

(5) Getting initial cash for your SaaS is a huge booster. Go for LTD (Lifetime deal). Get that money in your bank.

(6) Launch LTD with a distribution partner. You won't believe how much traffic they can bring for you. No upfront cash. Win-win for both.

(7) Support is equally important and sometimes a differentiator too. Have a chat button on your app, talk to users and take feedback too.

Bonus point:Have patience. It pays eventually. It took me 8 months to make $30k in a month. Believe in the system.

P.S. Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Edit - attaching a screenshot

https://preview.redd.it/6rgfcz5q9ty...bp&s=88a9c8194fca902a5d40dedd5b6c54608ee8d723

@hey_dude777 Thank you for sharing.
LTD on an AI product makes no sense.
There is a possibility that you fail. What happens then? Will you keep paying the (relatively large) AI costs for your LTD customers?

@ostinoss It makes sense for OP because he is not into long term viability. The goal is to make a quick buck on the AI hype and move into the next thing. Considering it took him almost a year to archive 30k not sure it is such a success…

@ostinoss Yeah I've already thought of that. If I haven't done LTD, it would have never taken off. My MRR customers are compensating for LTD customers. I'm here in the long run.

@pofo2020 Most businesses change over time, so "product market fit" is not static.

1. Their business increases or decreases – your solution loses product market fit

2. They go bankrupt

3. They get disappointed about your customer service, mistake, product decision

4. They pay a subscription, but do not really use the product, then credit card expires and no one cares to update it

5. Competition, better offer

6. Tech / policy / law changes and the solution doesnt work for X amount of customer base