Need some pros and cons of this startup idea

mrjr

I’m working in a consulting firm in the US since almost last 3 years now. My work revolves around consulting clients from different sectors on their ESG goals, risks and opportunities. I’ve seen a lot of growth in the US market for this kind of work however I’m not sure if Indian companies are there yet? My goal is to settle down in India while working for my own firm so needed some advice/suggestions on whether ESG consulting services is a good idea for a startup?

TIA

@mrjr I really don’t know what ESG consulting is, but Google says it’s environmental, social, and governance consulting. How can you consult with Indian companies with zero knowledge or experience in the country?

@mrjr Great idea, India is more so at the stage of making profits and cash flow so if a consulting firm could integrate profitability with ESG

So that’s, env, socially positive + sustainable

and at the same time, said company is sustainably profitable

Exporters would be interested in getting orderly

Local start ups or smaller to medium goods based businesses looking to go international would be the same

Or a food company whose food is so good and well packed, distributed that there is less wastage. That itself is a plug, food not wasted and there’s repeat orders

Also something to do with raw materials, lots of Indian companies manufacture but the finishing is not upto mark and definitely most waste is not recyclable so if you can come up with ‘raw material science’ that is profitable then chefs kiss

If India then sees that ESG is ‘profitable’ and reasonably adoptable, then perfect. That would cover many bases for a high quality company

Personally I think it is profitable to be net positive ESG