Need your feedback on the concept of my dating app

sasquace

@chamberlain94 The market research and beta testing with 200 people indicated that a lot of people do actually like the granularity of the options even if they might overlap a bit as a lot of people exactly know what they are going on a dating app for. People can always set multiple intention preferences to get broadly what they are looking for.

Having said that, some people did have the concern related to the options not being mutually exclusive & we have a backup plan to reduce the categories to 4 from 6 making all the options to be completely exclusive. This is something that we will watch carefully within the first month or 2 of the launch.

Our core aim is to give people a second level of filtering & get to know broad intentions of the other person even before they swipe them.

We really want to see if people would be willing to adopt our core concept.

@sasquace I think it would be interesting just to see what category girls would put me in but generally I don’t like going into an interaction with a girl with a certain expectation or plan (ie just friends, friends with benefits, one night stand). I like things to just happen naturally. Also, I think there are very few girls, if any, that wouldn’t be offended by getting swiped on as a one night stand. Even a lot of guys would be offended because it basically means they’re not good enough for a relationship.

@lloydspencer Thanks for your feedback. Understandable that you usually don't have a plan while going on dating apps. Curius is meant for people who are looking for that 2nd level filter which can make their life easier. As for one night stand, we do have the option of clubbing that option with casual dating/hangout reducing 6 categories to 4 which we will be assessing in the first 1-2 months of the launch but I would like to bring up another point that Tinder was really inspired by Hot or Not concept when they introduced the left/right swiping. The idea of that initially seemed pretty gross but the consumers got used to it and that too very fast. If someone doesn't like the idea of ONS, Curius does provide a way to filter out those kind of people. Better to not see them than getting matched on Tinder/Bumble with someone in the hopes of finding something serious in the end to just realize they wanted a hookup!

@sasquace Yeah I think you should change one night stand and friends with benefits to something else because very few girls would be ok with that because even if in real life a girl would be ok with a friends with benefits situation, if the guy starts things off basically saying I just want to fuck you, if the girl has any self pride she won’t go for that.

Back