Need your opinion about my conversation with my supplier

unitechrist

So recently, I sold things out to get a capital. i gained 3,000 and now I have 3,900 because of reselling headphones. But my friend who is my supplier, i asked if i could go with him if he will ever go restock so I could meet his supplier too, so the main objective here was to lessen cost he was buying it for 2,500 and I’m buying it for 2850 from him

He then said
“Di mo pwede tanunging kung sino supplier ng supplier mo
Negats sa ganyan boy haha
Di pa ba sapat yung tinutulong ko sayo para kumita? Haha”

I’m new to business. I want to know what went wrong here so I wanna know if it’s a bad thing to ask about who the supplier is.

By the way i asked him in a nice way tho and last time he invited me to come join him to the suppliers location but now idk what’s up to him.

@darthneo So far this is the best comment that explains it, thank you.
I may not try or even think of competing with him but at least I already know what my actions will result to

Again, thank you po ❤️

@unitechrist Subukan mo taasan ung qty na kinukuha mo sakanya. (Find resellers under you), then pwede mo kausapin if pwede pa niya babaan ung price for you. Win-win situation lang din dapat.

@unitechrist Considered as 'trade secret' yan pagdating sa business, especially when you are just reselling items AND considered as competition ka niya. Taboo ang pagtatanong sa supplier niya.