Not getting jobs

nabichu

2 weeks go I went to Lowe’s and got all the equipment necessary to start doing dryer vent cleaning. Made a really nice video ad for facebook, made some posts on nextdoor, however I’m not getting any call for quotes. I’m kinda bummed considering how much effort I put into the video ad but i understand that’s just part of business, some things u think will work fail miserably, and some of the things u just throw at the wall end up being very successful. Anyways my question is, where do I go from here? Can someone who has done this before give me some advice? Thanks again!

@nabichu You need to think about why someone needs your service and then when they have that need, why would they choose you. Base your marketing off that.

Self employment is brutally hard, make no mistakes about that. Things can be a slow burn and some things, like you said, don’t work at all. Thick skin and keep grinding! I’d also recommend studying the most successful companies that offer the same service as you.

@nabichu Put some pictures of dirty and nasty vents hoses in your marketing. Most people probably aren't even aware that they may need your service, and when they see how dirty their equipment 'could' be, they might be inclined to call you.

@nabichu Dryer vent cleaning, for all but a small percentage of households, is done mainly when the dryer starts being slow or inefficient. 2-3 cycles per load is the magic number for them to pay for cleaning. People won’t just randomly do it except like maybe the most ocd of people. I personally don’t unless I have issues and I even have the tools to do it myself.

@nabichu Do you build dryer ducts? That’s something you could look into as an add on. If they currently have flex line or something else that’s not really appropriate.

I’m assuming heights don’t bother you. You could also offer gutter cleaning, especially for second and third story gutters. That’s one people will pay annually, sometimes semi annually to do

@ammo1113 I used to do window cleaning and gutter cleaning but since I moved across the country I no longer have my truck with a ladder rack or any of my equipment. That’s why I’m doing the dryer vents, so I can save extra money to buy all my equipment I need to get back into it.

@nabichu Bro u are not doing bad, u just planted the seed right, u are still growing, u are going through that dark period that any seed goes through, the mud & the dirt. The grind, that consistency even when u don’t think it’s working. Trust me when consistency meets patients, u are basically unstoppable. I would just market myself even harder, learn new add skills that run hand n hand with what u are doing, u will catch wind and eventually take off….