One Tab Group: 100 days reach 1000+ users

talisra

Introduction​

I’m writing this article to share how my new tool - One Tab Group, a Chrome extension, went from 0 users to 1000+ in just 100 days.

One Tab Group​

One Tab Group is a chromium-based extension that allows you to manage your tabs & tab groups in one place.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...mkpmkmldodfbljkjihppdclbm?hl=en-GB&authuser=0

One Tab Group was launched on Jul 12th, 2022 with just one user and within 100 days the number of users has grown to 1000+! This article will share some insights about how this happened and what I learned along the way.

You don't need OneTab​

OneTab is a Chrome extension that allows you to save all your tabs and tab groups in one session with a single click. It’s one of the most popular Chrome extensions, with over 2 million downloads. It allows you to save all your tabs in one session with a single click.

Tab hoarder​

I have been using OneTab for quite a while before and it is one of my favorite Chrome extensions.

When I was working on one of my projects recently, I suddenly realized that it was becoming quite hard for me to manage multiple tabs and their corresponding tab groups in the browser. So, I started looking for some kind of solution that could help me manage tabs better.

Tab Groups​

Chrome has been supported the Tab Groups feature on May 2020. A tab group is a collection of tabs that you can organize into groups. Each group has its own set of settings and actions, so you can easily manage your tabs.

The reason why I don't use OneTab anymore​

After some research, I found out about The “OneTab” Extension, there were some reviews and comments on this extension saying that they would like to see it open multiple groups at once instead of just opening one group at a time so I decided to make this happen :)

On Jul 12th, 2021, I started developing One Tab Group​

On Jul 12th, 2020, I started developing One Tab Group. It took me around one year to develop the first stable version of this extension. Some of the key features that were added in this release include Tab Group management and synchronizing the Open Tabs/Tab Groups.

The extension works without sending any data over the network or storing it anywhere outside the local machine which means you don’t have to worry about your privacy being compromised while using it.

On Jul 12th, 2022, I launched a new extension called One Tab Group.​

This new extension also features some new features like the ability to manage your tab groups and synchronize the open tabs/tab groups.

As of today, Oct 25th, 2022, it already reached 1000+ users.​

Our extension One Tab Group reached 1000+ users in 100 days.

We are really excited about this and want to thank everyone who has helped us reach this milestone!

https://preview.redd.it/sxkp4r6argw...bp&s=e429ca466534fc35f20e3cffcde6634fbac456fc

How did One Tab Group get there?​

The first stable version of this extension was developed around one year. During that time, I added a lot of new features including:
  • ⚡️ Organise tabs & tab groups efficiently
  • 🗂️ Save/Restore/Reorganise tabs, even tab groups
    • in the current window
    • in a new window
    • restore and suspend tabs to save memory
  • 🔄 Synchronizes your browser tabs & tab groups
  • 🤏 Reorganize tab sessions using Drag & Drop with ease
  • 🔲 Single Column View | Double Columns View | Timeline View
  • 📑 Save your session as a JSON file
  • 🌛 Dark Mode Support🌍 i18n Support
  • ⌨️ Command K

Interface - easily explore the opened tabs & tab groups
  • 🏷️ Visual Web Bookmark - Turn a link into a visual web bookmark with beautiful QRCode, you can share with others
  • 🔖 Support for migrating tabs data from OneTab

to onetab.group

Build in public​

We are listening to the community users and will continue to improve our product based one the feedback. So some of the features are suggested by community users. Like Below:
  • 🔍 Search all tabs quickly using fuzzy search
  • 🧹 Suspend opened tabs to save memory
  • ❌ Remove the duplicated tabs
  • 👤 Sign in with Google/GitHub
We built it and made the features available for download on the Chrome Web Store.

Conclusion​

As you can see from the graph above, One Tab Group had a slow start. It took about 100 days to reach 1000 users. We want to make One Tab Group even better. We are listening to what you have to say and will continue to improve our product based on your feedback. If you find a bug, please report it here: https://github.com/one-tab-group/onetab.group/issues If you want us to add a new feature or notice a problem, please leave a comment below.