Online ACT Prep Business Idea

rachelpowers89

Hello, I’m currently in high school and have decided to get started with an online testprep/tutoring business, with about 8-10 people on each session. There will be 6 sessions on a Teams call, one each weekday minus Sunday, lasting one hour per day. Three of the days will be divided up into Class A (M, W, F) the other 3 into Class B (T, T, S). Rates will be somewhere between $25-$40/hour per session per person, wanna keep it affordable since it’s not exactly private. I’ve chosen Teams because it can be an all-in-one community with a calendar, calls, and chat in one place. Not sure how I’d collect payment at this point however. I plan to do the first few sessions for free in exchange for referrals/testimonials. Eventually, I plan to hire online tutors from upwork at about $50/hour to run the calls for me so I can increase the hours and amount of classes in order to scale. I’d appreciate hearing any feedback or advice for this idea; thanks

@rachelpowers89 What are your own ACT scores? How are you going to establish your credibility in terms of exam prep? Your testimonials aren't going to be able to establish that for you over just a few sessions as these exams are just once a year, no?

How does what you propose fit within the existing educational market landscape? How does it fit with your own expertise as a tutor? Do you have an existing client base? If not, how are you going to get your first client?

Payment is a detail... You can work it out easily through a website and a combo of square or zelle or some such thing.