saved1994

ChatGPT can be used for writing for social media, meta description, forums, etc.

It produces basic content, with no personality. Yes, it can change tone, etc. but it can gauge your personality.

It also cannot create content on topics that don’t have sufficient content available on the web.

I am the kind of editor, if lots of edits are required, I end up re-writing the whole content.

For now, it should be useful to people who can't write or need to produce spam-like content in big volumes. Everyone else should be safe for now.

The issue with AI content creators is they need to be fed with human created content in order to learn, and after a while, if the AI creators actually take over, they begin to only cannibalize other AI content and that’s when things start sounding like weird concrete poetry. I believe this has happened fairly fast with meme generators.

Point is, nobody can predict the future and the future never turns out exactly as anyone imagined.

And I’m telling you, ChatGPT is NOT ready to replace writers, nor are the other tools. They can be great as writing aid, but they aren’t powerful enough.

They won’t be in the next version, either. AI tools have difficulty identifying voice, tone, and sounding like a human.

However, you can use these as a faster google. “Give me ten definitions on X” is much faster than searching ten definitions manually. It’s fantastic at that.

But seriously, cut the fear-mongering. You fear a tool that can enhance your writing (if used intelligently) instead of embracing it as an alternative.

ChatGPT steals your work. Creators need to pressure the courts, the market, and regulators before it’s too late.

On the regulatory side, lawmakers need to take action to protect what might be the largest theft of labor in history, and quickly. One of the best ways to do this is clarifying that “fair use” under copyright law does not allow for training a model on content without the content owner’s consent, at least for commercial purposes.

So if you're using free version of ChatGPT, you're the product 🙊