ouch, anyone received this too for W24?

meme3

just received this morning,

Thanks for applying to Y Combinator. We're sorry to say that your startup was not selected to interview for the upcoming Y Combinator batch. Please don't take it personally. We carefully reviewed thousands of applications and since there's a limit on the number of startups we can interview, we had to turn away a lot of promising companies.

Unfortunately we can't give you individual feedback about your application. This page explains why.

We hope you reapply for the next batch; in fact, we encourage it. The next batch will run from June–August 2024 and the deadline to apply for it is in March 2024. Applying multiple times does not count against you and a surprisingly large number of companies are funded after applying more than once. Over 50% of the startups we accept are repeat applicants.

Lastly, we find that many strong YC founders have learned how to start a startup by working at one. YC runs workatastartup.com to help you connect with founders and find a job at over 700 fast-growing and well-funded YC startups.

Best of luck,

—YC

@meme3 Oh, sorry to hear that!

How long did the response take from when you put your application in?

Remember, you don't need YC to continue talking to users and building a business. Press on! 🌞

BTW, I'm planning on sending in my W24 application in about week 😅

@rethink88 Based on his previous posts -- He applied on August 14th (not launched) and requested an early review for personal reasons.

I can see why he got rejected.

@meme3 I just clicked the early review button Monday (i'd applied for S23 late and been rolled over), due to potential conflicting timing on accelerators want to make sure I know about YC in time.

Any chance then you might be kind enough to clarify the timing, when did you request early review and when were you notified? There was a post above that said you applied Sept 14th. It looked like that might have been a typo, someone posted saying they thought you posted before you applied Aug. 14th and at some point requested early review. Or was it Sept 14th you requested early review?

Of course every case is different I realize.

@meme3 Thanks, and sorry to hear, good luck with other options: or did you set it aside since you say above "was doing", past tense?

Back