Own a small charcuterie/cutting board business. My shop is getting a MAJOR upgrade with a 2” x 4” CNC machine

northlander

I’ll be able to essentially carve designs into my boards, make signs, carve virtually anything into wood. I’m super, super stoked and I want to know what the best way to “launch” my new services to my audience? Is it a feasible idea to build a business around this?

@northlander I recommend doing a popular TikTok sound and filming making a beautiful design.

Make it for a friend or something and make sure it is custom with a name, maybe an established date for like a housewarming or bridal shower or something like that.

Then include their reaction to seeing it.

Then post it everywhere

@northlander Woo, congrats on that monstrous CNC upgrade! You've got loads of options when it comes to launching your new services - email marketing could be a great one. Build excitement with a drip campaign: a teaser mail, some behind-the-scenes, and finally the unveiling of the finished product. As for feasible business, people treasure personalized items. And this, engraved with a story? Heck yeah, it's feasible!

@conandew Your comment seriously makes me feel a lot better than you know :,). I’m taking a HUGE leap of faith and trying to expand my business and hearing someone else say it’s a feasible plan feels so good. I have definitely written down your suggestions, thank you! :)

@northlander Apologies on hijacking the thread, but I’m hoping to do the same. Is this a side hustle for you, or full time and capable of supporting you?

P.S. Cheers, good luck, and have fun!