Pop Up Shop clearances of vintage and designer clothing. Is it a good idea? Pros and Cons

dragonfruit10

I have been thinking about organizing clearances of vintage and designer clothing via pop up shops. I have access to quality and competitively priced vintage and designer second hand clothing.
I would highly appreciate your valuable insights and input in regards to this.
Some considerations:
1) What is the best kind of locations? Big cities, mid sized ones.. etc
2) What kind of venue is best for renting? ie a retail shop like, a warehouse like space?
3) Where in the city/town is best for such a venue to be located?
4) How often such clearances could be organized?
5) How long each clearance event could ideally last?
6) How many pieces of clothing I could exhibit...let's say for a 2 days event?
7) How many people I may need to help with the operation?
8) What security measures are needed against theft...shoplifting .. etc
9) Most important: How..via which best methods/channels I could advertise/promote such an event? How long before the event I should ideally start my ad/promo campaign
10) Any other considerations...pros & cons...and insight and input you think is useful.

Thank you very much
H

@dragonfruit10 This varies dramatically city to city. Some cities have flea markets/maker's markets/pop up shops already in place, and it's easier to join up with those when possible. Other cities/towns do not, and you'd be starting from scratch.

If you're dealing with really high end pieces, you need security of some sort. If items are fragile, you need to figure out a way to minimize damage. A pop-up fitting room is ideal as well.

Some people do house sales-I hear they're big on the west coast-I didn't have much luck here in DC when I did some, but I didn't advertise wildly, either.

As for how much inventory, it depends on space and how much help you have.

Back