Q's: DBA/LLC, checking accounts

micswife

I am so glad that I found this feed. I have some questions and need to pointed to the right direction. So, thank you in advance:
  1. I opened up an LLC. Would it be possible to make my DBA my {first name} {last name}?
  2. If I change to DBA, do I need to do anything to my current business checking acct.?
  3. Since I am in a unincorporated area of my county, their site does not require a business license. But do I need a business license (HR consulting) to do business in the state? If so, where can I find that
  4. Since my business is set up as a consulting service, it's requiring me to get a surety bond. Where the best place to start?
Again, thank you for your time in asking my questions. Please note that I did search through this feed before asking my questions.

@micswife I opened up an LLC. Would it be possible to make my DBA my {first name} {last name}?

Yes, I do exactly this. I have an LLC with a particular name, and one of the "brands" that I do business under is my personal name. I filed a DBA to use my personal name without issue.

If I change to DBA, do I need to do anything to my current business checking acct.?

No. Assuming that the business checking account is for your LLC, it just needs to be referred to as that.

Since I am in a unincorporated area of my county, their site does not require a business license. But do I need a business license (HR consulting) to do business in the state? If so, where can I find that.

The Small Business Administration website has a list of licenses - I don't know how accurate it is for specific states though.

IANAL / Accountant.