Question: What is the absolute best use of a small marketing budget for my online kid's business? www.creatorkidz.com

weallstruggle

Hello fellow Reddit entrepreneurs! I am looking for feedback on my new business, Creator Kidz. We offer remote enrichment learning opportunities for kids in 2nd through 8th grade. One hour per class. Specifically, I need some advice on my low-budget marketing plan. Because my marketing budget is pretty bootstrap at the moment, I wanted some feedback on what would be the best use of it for a business like this?

Here is what I have done so far in marketing the business:

#1 - I have set up my website with an affiliate referral platform through LeadDyno and begun to reach out to relevant blogs in the homeschooling/parenting space via email. I am offering them 7% commission on the first registration of a new customer.

#2 - Designed and printed a flyer to post at local libraries in my area. On the flyer there is a coupon code for 20% OFF first registrations. I have posted this flyer on the community boards and where permitted in the children’s sections at two local libraries so far. I plan on printing more flyers and getting them posted at community centers, iced cream shops, and more libraries.

Flyer: https://prnt.sc/1gpg3ij

#3 - Set up a referral page on my website with buttons at the header and contact us sections, offering 35% OFF first registrations of new customers that are referred.

Here are some of my ideas for future marketing efforts. Please let me know which of these are most viable with a shoestring budget:

#1 - Pay $150 for 150 leads of influential blogs and social influencers in the homeschooling/parenting spaces: https://www.feedspot.com/media-contact-database Then, reach out to this group with the offer of an affiliate partnership, offering them 7% commission on the first registration of a new customer. Try to get a mention on their social channels!

#2 - Reach out to influential Podcasts in the parenting/homeschooling space. Buy an Ad? Or try to be a guest on their show?

#3 - Print out more copies of my flyer and have them shipped to my friends from Colorado, California, Maryland, and Florida. Have them post my flyer at their local libraries, community centers, iced cream shops….

#4 - Reach out to the Association of Homeschools and other homeschooling institutions and look for an affiliate partnership and to be promoted on their blog or newsletter.

#5 - Reach out directly to libraries to see if they would be interested in an affiliate partnership in return for promoting our classes to their patrons?

#6 - Get listed on an online kids class marketplace like www.sawyer.com (I think they charge a hefty commission, however)

Again, the website is: www.creatorkidz.com

And here is the basic business plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zsp_cVQjbg8u7Ph6A8wmICtiZAhIMBljozF65tijsVk/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you!!!

0 CommentsShareEdit Pos

@weallstruggle My best suggestion for you, if you don’t have much of a budget—or even if you have zero budget—is to get interviewed.

When people with podcasts or blogs interview you regarding the problem that you're trying to solve with your kid’s business, you get on the map.

People who blog about your niche would want to learn more about you.

The options that you've listed out all involve payment—it doesn’t have to be that way.

Since you've come up with this product, you obviously have knowledge that some people might be interested in.

Take that direction.

You'd be surprised as to where you end up in terms of brand coverage and brand-building opportunities, as well as content partnership programs.

@chris1975
My best suggestion for you, if you don’t have much of a budget—or even if you have zero budget—is to get interviewed.

When people with podcasts or blogs interview you regarding the problem that you're trying to solve with your kid’s business, you get on the map.

People who blog about your niche would want to learn more about you.

The options that you've listed out all involve payment—it doesn’t have to be that way.

Since you've come up with this product, you obviously have knowledge that some people might be interested in.

Take that direction.

You'd be surprised as to where you end up in terms of brand coverage and brand-building opportunities, as well as content partnership programs.

I love this too! you have given excellent biz advice to someone who def needs it. this is great feedback, thank you again man.

@marilynliddell Sorry didn't think I was spamming, just looking for the good advice man! I wanted to ensure the post had max visibility but I guess this wasn't a good tactic, and I will refrain from doing so in the future, sorry about this... But I do find that to be very strange indeed that live kids instruction is being offered for free?? Which platforms are offering this for free? If you say Youtube, this is not at all the same product. I am offering live interaction, the ability to answer a kid's questions and offer insights, guidance, instruction, and assistance in real-time. That is not free. Also, none of my classes are $180/hour. $30 per hour is the most expensive class. If you looked at it for more than half a second, you would see clearly that some classes are offered packages of 6 to 8 sessions, depending on the subject. Please refrain from being a douche and I will refrain from posting on 6 subs at once. Thanks!!!

Back