Reached $500 in sales in 1 week with my new product! (no AI)

clmorgan

Proof

$500 is not A LOT but for a new project... hey! It's the Matthew Principle for us, I hope - or at least the first step.

I have to mention there's no AI in our product, so that's the 2nd anti-hype signal I'm sending you.

Context: we are an eSignature tool - think: DocuSign competitor

Background​

We've built "in private" for some 8 months. While that goes against the common advice (and my natural predisposition too - my current $3.5k MRR startup was validated with some 20-30 pre-sales before we started building), it felt like a more sensible approach because:
  • We're talking about eSigantures, legality, etc
  • We didn't initially know what our unique angle is, but...
  • The core product would've been the same regardless of our unique angle
So we went ahead. The second we decided what our unique angle would be (2 months ago), we turned lean and went about launching.

Which brings us to... today! We did soft launch recently

Pre-launching​

Since...
  • My brother and I (co-founders) are non-technical
  • The product was being built
  • We had those 8 months on our hands to... well... prepare
We've done this: we've built as much as we could for our future marketing. Results shared here (all the numbers, with proof)

P.S: We've even gotten 5 Wikipedia backlinks! Not that it would matter, but it might be a signal

Launching​

We're still figuring this out. But so far we've made $500 in (disclaimer: lifetime deal) sales!

As others have pointed out in the past, selling LTDs is easier than selling subscriptions.

But I think we need that in order to accelerate the product - and then get up to speed with competitors, so we can apply our unique angle even more

---

(Our product is this: SignHouse)

@clmorgan Wow, congratulations on reaching $500 in sales in just one week!!! That's truly impressive and a great achievement. It's always inspiring to see entrepreneurs succeed and I'm sure your hard work and dedication played a big part in this success. Keep up the great work!