Roast my T Shirt Business!

mtsumeb

I have successfully designed and sold Fitness T shirts to help motivate people on their fitness journeys and remind them to never give up. I challenge you to check out www.thefitnessfit.com , and try to find something to hate on. Good luck!

@mtsumeb
  • The website is only a few weeks old and already "sends hundreds of comfortable and durable shirts every week to fitness lovers and enthusiasts". It's incredible how successful you are with only little online presence.
  • I am not sure if I should read the heart as a letter in the logo. Is it an o? The carrot and weight bar are probably i's, so I assume the last icon is also a letter. The Fitness Fito? That's a farter in the office, at least according to urbandictionary.com.
  • The shirts kinda look like they were designed in MS Word, possibly combined with some cliparts from the CD-Roms that PC-magazines used to include in the 90s.

@mtsumeb Your main photos of people training do not feature any of your designs - if your aspirational figures do not want to wear your designs, why should I?

Your logo looks like you knocked it out on MS paint or Microsoft Word, sorry! The garish colours and badly sized images of carrots and hearts...needs an overhaul.

The quotes arent particularly insightful, motivational or funny.

Who are you targeting? Currently looks like it's aimed for teenagers with the colours and style, therefore the price point is wrong.

Needs accurate sizes, length is important when it comes to gym wear so either have pictures of people wearing your items or state the sizes.

I'd be intrigued to find a guy who would wear this feminine design to the gym. http://www.thefitnessfit.com/collections/mens-shirts/products/short-sleeve-mens-t-shirt-3

My piece of advice: would you wear any of these to the gym? If the answer is no, redesign.

What's your return policy? Do I pay return shipping, do you?

@mtsumeb Yep, the logo definitely looks like it was made in MS Paint, which isn't a good thing. The site itself looks somehow 90's I just can't place my finger on it.

The designs aren't really that great. Some people might pay $5 for those, or pick them up at goodwill, but for $20? Most word only t-shirts sell for $12, with premium graphics going for $20-$25. You have a long uphill battle I'm afraid :/