Seeking Validation

Happy to find this Indian startup community on Reddit. :)

I wanted to run an idea through the community to check if it's an idea that may end up finding product-market fit or not.

I have been into growth marketing for startups for over five years now. I have grown many early-stage startups from zero to 100K+ users or customers.

If I were to create an OTT platform sharing real tactics for a $1 per month subscription, will it get the volumes? Would you subscribe if you received videos on startup growth and marketing ideas daily?

P.S. I haven't built it, just ideating.

@thongcongnghetcucre resonating with @purposelychosen86 I already pay for YT premium, because of this reason, and now I'll not be limited to tactic videos, but hell lot more. And the leverage YT has got over what you'll be building is massive.

However, if you've got something very niche, for example. - mento.co.in then people might consider your service. Keep in mind it will not be OTT but a website with a paywall and prerecorded/live videos. Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Edit: grammer

@deborah23 Makes sense. But honestly, isn't YouTube most of the times click-bait, affiliate recommendations, thin content or just generally known information?

YouTube is good if someone is just starting out and want to know the basics. But when even after knowing the fundamentals and applying all of it, they see sub-standard results, that's when they need experienced professionals to share their experiences -- what really works versus all the fluff.

Mento looks good. I used to work with one of their competitors. I am thinking of similar platform, but the niche to be startup marketing and the app / website to be more like Netflix / Voot.

@thongcongnghetcucre There is a huge amount of information on the web - videos articles, advice. I will suggest adding some more unique stuff besides the one already available. As you have a lot of experience, think of something that can make your service pull more audience.

Go ahead with your idea, even if there are loads of players in the market. Ultimately it is the value that you provide to customers that will make you excel in the market

Good Luck!

@definitecomet Filtering the information that's most of the time basic or fluff is important. I am thinking as well what would be unique other than original and novel information on startup marketing.

Thanks for chiming in!