Shipping

asyncritus

Hello, I'm planning to start a small online business sana kaso hindi ko parin alam kung paano ba yung sa Shipping :(( I watched videos na explaining what they did sa business nila pero parang nakukulangan ako sa explanations nila :(( This is my first business kaya medyo kabado ako to start and takot ako na magkapoblema once na magstart na ako. So if anyone here na pwede magshare kung paano yung ginawa nila sa shipping, I would really appreciate it.

Here are some of my concers

1. Okay po ba kapag sa J&T nagpadala? If yes, paano po kapag maramihan yung orders tas sabay sabay mo sana isshipout. Need ko pa po bang pumunta sa mismong branch nila or okay lang na through online? Yung mga napanood ko kasi isahan lang kaya sa online sila nagbboke pero what if po bultuhan :((

2. (About J&T parin po) If sa J&T po ako po ba ang magpprint ng waybill? paano po yung sa pouch?

Thank you po sa mga sasagot!

Some questions to follow

@asyncritus For parcel delivery (aka next-day shipping) I used Shopee/Lazada as my main logistics options, then for same-day delivery I used Lalamove/Grab. Depending on your products & location, they'll assign a pick-up method (either the rider will pass by your location to pick the items up or you'll have to drop it off at a drop-off loc). Super convenient for me cos S will pick it up from my loc + may super lapit na L drop-off loc near me.

You also have ship out deadlines per platform. For S, ready stock products must be fulfilled within 2-3 days (but you can push it to up to the 4th day before it gets automatically cancelled), while pre-order products must be fulfilled in 7-30 days. They assigned me to rider pick-ups (there's usually a typical time your rider goes to your loc but this can always change, so you have to be available/have someone ready to give it on the day you schedule the pick-up). The product must be packed and ready w/ a label rin once your rider passes by for the item. You're not req to use Shopee pouches but you can also usually get them for free from your rider.

For L, they're a bit stricter w/ cancellations. You have to ship out within 2 working days (Mon-Sat, exc. holidays and mega campaigns). I had to drop off my parcels at my nearest drop-off loc (usually marami naman and you can pretty much drop off in any other loc rin as long as within your province/area). I had to buy L pouches from a 3rd party store that sold them though.

I didn't buy a waybill printer (though it's more convenient) cos I already had an ink printer. The only downside is I had to tape over it w/ clear tape (for Shopee) orders kasi baka mabasa. You can also print it on waterproof sticker paper. While for Laz, there's a pouch insert naman where you place the waybill in, so it's safe agad.

If you have a J&T branch naman super near you, you can also opt for that. It's pretty convenient rin cos you just have to book it through their app/website and drop off the items, they'll print the waybill for you. You can get free pouches from them rin and they also have a pick-up service (free rin ata, not sure if may min. req lang). The only downside is the shipping will def cost more vs S/L (minimum SF for MM-MM is php 85, while S/L has a minimum of php 40/45), and S/L a lot of free vouchers that your customers might prefer to use.

Just based on my exp. Hope this helps!

@tcic Hello po, I decided to use shopee checkout nalang po for SF purposes kaso hindi po lumalabas yung products ko :((( any idea po paano sila magaappear? Btw thank you po sa suggestions, I appreciate po :))

Back