Starting a pest control company in 9 days

moshia

Hello. In nine days I'm starting a pest control company. I'm under a noncompete from my previous employer that has restricted me from performing pest control in my area for the past 2 years.

I work for a great company now (not pest control), with good pay and I only work 4 days a week. This will allow me to have the weekend and a day during the week to do pest control.

I have to be a little vague with my location now, but when I start I plan on documenting the process of me getting starting. I would also like to give periodical updates in this sub with how it's going.

If you have any advice or questions I would love to hear them.

@adrienbchiggins General pests, including mice and rats. Everything except mosquito and termite. Those are additional licenses. Also not doing wildlife. I'll include those when I go full time, but I may get mosquito sooner.

Prevention and extermination. Most of the business I used to do was monthly and quarterly preventative treatments.

I expect most of my business to be suburban homes and a little commercial to start, with apartments and rural mixed in.