Struggles with leaving 9-5 grind: what’s your story?

zakg

What are/were some of the fears or doubts that arise when you imagine leaving your corporate job and stepping into the unknown ?

@zakg I left the 9-5 to be my own boss and now I work 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week for less pay. But I'm the boss and its fun to be in control of a growing company (and also, I could sell the company at any time and get a big payout).

Only do it if you're already on good financial footing because a lot of start ups eat cash and take time to grow.

It's an adventure for sure.

@zakg Risk, it’s risk at the end of the day for me. At times you will find yourself talking out of it before you even start. We as people normally bring up the worst case scenarios instead of having some optimism and wondering “what if it becomes successful?” I believe having some optimism and self awareness are two main keys to convince yourself that it’s possible. No matter what you’re just one risk away from being successful or failing. You just have to try and see if the commitment is worth it or not. If you’re thinking about doing it best of luck! 👍🏽

Back