Success Story: How I as a growth hacker optimized the job interview process while looking for a new job

gogogo

Problem

As a growth hacker looking for a job, I was looking for a way to increase interview numbers, gather data about what recruiters are looking at my cv and get a salary range from the companies first before giving my expectations. Here is the story

Solution

I decided to build my cv as a website so I would be able to gather data via google analytics and Hotjar, seeing their screen to look where they spend time exactly, in this way I could provide a better experience for recruiters and already answer their questions before the interview.

Implementation

I already have a personal website where I publish my content. So I decided to build my CV into my personal website. In this way I would also generate some traffic too and recruiters could easily visit my blog. ( they generally don’t click your blog links)

So I designed this not only to gather data but also to provide better experience for recruiters

Web-based Resume

But since the companies accept applications as a PDF, I should figure out something that direct recruiters to my web-based resume. So I put this section at the top of my PDF resume 👇

PDF Resume

When they open my PDF, they directly see the button and click on it. I succeed!

I also added an FAQ section to answer the question they will ask me during the interview. In this way, I could eliminate inappropriate interviews.

FAQ Sections

I also created a simple Google form for salary issues, Here it is 👇

In this way, I could provide full transparency for both sides.

Salary Form

Results

Before creating this system, I was approximately setting 2-3 interviews out of 100 applications. After building this system, 50 people visited this website and I set up 13 different interviews. By building this website, I actually provided a real case study for optimizing something that the recruiters are looking for.

Currently, they are approximately spending 4 minutes on my CV which is great. So during the interview, I don’t have to tell all the details that I already explained in my CV.

I shared this story to help someone who wants to increase the number of interviews. It was not easy to understand recruiters' behavior and set up a system but I already implemented, tested, and got results for you guys!

Cheers.

@gogogo 2-3 interviews out of 100? Damn.... Congrats on getting better results btw.

If I wasn't already using a whole different strategy that was working well (3 interviews for every 10 when I job hunt), I would've given your strategy a shot.

@mixey Well, only 10 percent was really suitable from those 100 so I wouldn't really mind. How about yout strategy? You wanna give some overall?

@gogogo Can't really share it but it's essentially going quality over quantity: Focusing only on the ones you are the most qualified for, as well as zeroing in on presenting them as much value as possible (going the extra mile compared to other candidates). It works almost every time