The Impact of Free Demo Calls for SaaS Tools

jacob98

Hey Everyone!

I’m the founder and CEO of a successful SaaS Startup. We have a social media scheduling tool that is competing with the best in the industry.

We’ve tried many things over the years to try and make it easier for customers to make a purchase decision. Among these was the decision to implement free demo calls where we service any concerns/questions that aspiring customers may have and also give a complete demonstration of how one can use every feature in our platform.

In this way, customers can get a complete idea of what the tool does and put to bed any queries that they had.

Over the years, we’ve seen varying results from this activity, and there have been plenty of no-shows where someone books a call and doesn’t connect within 15 minutes of the scheduled time. We’ve also had many spam calls and calls from people that thought the tool does something entirely different to its use case.

However, as we’ve tried and tested over the years, these demo calls have become a staple and contribute anywhere from 20-25% to our quarterly revenues.

We also often form a strong connection with our customers through these calls and end up collaborating with them for certain marketing efforts.

We’ve seen that demo calls give our customers a piece of mind and build trust between the two parties that is otherwise hard to do via other mediums like email or social media.

I’m sharing this here in hopes to help other SaaS startups that are in that stage of figuring things out. Feel free to reach out or AMA if you have any questions.

Also, I'm keen to learn any other marketing strategy that can be tried out too.

Best