The quest for $1,000

asafoatse

Two weeks ago I registered my LLC.

Today my pressure washer arrived in the mail.

Here is how I’m going to make my $1,000 this month. I’m going to clean my driveway and entryway, do it as well as I can, and then take some solid photos.

Get a couple before and after photos to bring to doors. Next I’m going to go to houses that are recently for sale, greater than $400,000 (think >3,000 sq ft house) and sell em on the idea your driveway looks like crap and you’re first impression is going to be impacted leading to either a lower sales price or a delayed sale.

Let’s see how it goes.

@asafoatse Hey brother. I started like you a few weeks ago. Just made it out of the red and into the green yesterday. My equipment was $1300. I'm one month in. I had a lot of the same goals and thought process. Being a precovid sales and marketing manager I thought this would be pretty easy task.
I won't say it's hard, but it's nothing like I expected. I spent the first day for one hour dropping off flyers. Maybe 12 total before a guy chased me down the road asking for a quote. I was in a ritzy part of town on the intercoastal of Florida. I sold him on a $300 job power washing his paver driveway and back porch. I thought to myself how easy this will be. Just laid 12 hangers and sell one $300 job. Next day did the job and finished around noon. Spent the next 8 hours dropping hangers. Then hit another nice part of town the following day. I got one call that day. It was a fella telling me he's with an HOA and he's chasing my hanger guy down the road and calling the cops. Funny I did that neighborhood the day before and I was at a gas station. Lol
Still haven't seen any fruits from those 500 flyers.
Next I went for real estate. They're each happy to take it and talk about how their current guy sucks, but haven't seen anything from it.
I dropped maybe 300 in fb ads. Not a damn thing.
I ended up doing my elderly neighbors driveway for fre. since I saw them out with an electric machine trying to wash it. I refuse to solicit my neighbors. They would never tell me no. Not only that but I just don't mix home with business. Which is why I offered it free. After I finish he comes out and thanks me and asks me if I know anyone who does lanai. I told him I do. He brings me to the back and black and green staining everywhere. Big job. So big I couldn't do it for free. He wanted other stuff like his gutters, roof etc. I quoted him $300.but I tell you I worked my ass off harder than I ever have doing these jobs. I felt extremely pressured to make sure they were happy. To me about 10 hours with intermittent conversation with my neighbor. I think they're well connected with the local church and they were ranting and raving about how great of a job I did. Maybe something will come out of it.
I think my next stop is churches. Maybe life half off as a donation. I stopped by one and took pictures of what I thought I could help with. I think I'll send an email tomorrow with a value prop.
My advice would be to look for your #1 pain in the ass on every job you do. Try to think if it's something you could spot again on another job to try and avoid it. For instance I won't ever do a job the day after the lawn guy comes. I'll make it a point to ask when scheduling about the lawn guy. Another is about a low spot that can hold water on concrete. Every time I would make a sweep on the driveway half of it would flood but drain off in5 minutes. Made a 30 minute job into a 2 hour gig. Best of luck. Keep in touch. I'm always open to discussion and learning.
Any way good luck

@momt You need PPC but not FB, Google Ads PPC, HomeAdvisor, Thumbtack. It works, don't say it doesn't, thousands of franchises and independent cities across the US (including me) have been using it for over 15 years (Google Search Ads).

@rav054 I'm sure there is something that works for every market. Won't say it doesn't. Just have to try it out and see what works. Unless you're going to do my SEO and Google ads for me at no charge.
: )