The Secret to Selling with Emotion

ahhhh

I recently had an interesting Zoom call with a LinkedIn connection.

We spoke about how to monetise their large LinkedIn following.

Part of our discussion included the question, ‘What transformation do you sell to your audience?’

I realised afterwards that there is little information on transformational marketing.

So, I decided to put together an explanation.

What is Transformational Marketing?

My personal transformation was going from a £25k p/y marketing job to £100,000 p/y (£96k to be exact) as a solopreneur. It’s a clear transition from A to B.

I was the perfect customer for a digital course, lead gen service or paid community.

I just needed to be sold on the transformation.

So, how can the strategy help you sell your product or service?

There are 3 areas where transformational marketing works well:
  • Health
  • Wealth
  • Relationships
These 3 categories have clear outcomes that you can tap into when selling:
  • Weight loss
  • Making money
  • Finding a partner
However, it can also apply to less obvious niches. For example, you might buy a lawnmower to cut your grass neat enough to transform your neighbour’s perception of you. The lawnmower is your product, but the outcome is acceptance.

Transformational Marketing focuses less on the product and more on the feelings associated with the product. It uses emotion to sell, removing the technical aspects of the product in favour of the desired outcome.

Here’s an example

When you use transformational marketing for your product or service, consider these 5 principles.
  • Emotional Resonance
  • Storytelling
  • Aspirational Experiences
  • Shared Values and Community
  • Authenticity
Spend time talking to your customers to discover what transformation they want to see in their own lives. What’s their desired outcome? Where are they now? How long will it take them to get there?

Use this information to craft a message that follows all 5 principles.

Let’s create an example transformation for a sales page and imagine we’re now earning 10k p/m running a digital agency.

Emotional Resonance

Quit your tedious 9 to 5 job and start earning £10k p/m working 4 hours a day.

Storytelling

I was stuck in a 9 to 5 job that left me feeling unfulfilled and longing for something more meaningful.

The Turning Point:

During that time of discontent, I stumbled upon a passion for digital marketing.

The Breakthrough:

With only £500 to my name, I took the leap and launched my own digital marketing agency.

The Results:

The hard work paid off faster than I expected. My agency gained momentum, and my income skyrocketed using this simple system. I now work four hours daily while consistently earning £10,000 monthly.

The Lifestyle Shift:

I have the freedom to travel, spend quality time with loved ones, and pursue my passions—all while running a successful business.

Aspirational Experiences

Live Life on Your Terms: Get access to my proven framework so you can live a life filled with flexibility and meaningful work.

Shared Values and Community

Gain access to a vibrant community of like-minded individuals earning 6 figures working 4 hours a day.

Authenticity

Real Results, Real People: My approach has helped countless entrepreneurs like you achieve six-figure incomes running their own agency.

Call to action

Get early bird access to the agency club.

Testimonials

Here’s what Janet says about the community.

“Thanks to this community, I transformed from a 9-to-5 job to a successful entrepreneur, gaining vital guidance, resources, and connections that turned my passion into a thriving business.”

You can clearly see the transformation in this example. The goal is to find users at the stage you were before you achieved your desired outcome and show them HOW they can reach theirs.

Here are some examples of good transformational sales pages:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

I want to go into more detail about transformational marketing in a future edition. Right now, I’m using the strategy to help creators monetise their audience to earn an additional 10k p/m. Find out how you can monetise your audience here.

Think about the transformation your product creates, and use that transformation in sales copy, landing pages, and social media content.

I hope you have a great week. I’ll see you again on the 14th.