The Top 10 Landing Page Elements You Must Include

faithgirlfl

Hi Reddit! Just wanted to share a top 10 I have put together for my content writing colleagues - Comments and thoughts very welcome to help optimise/refine - Thanks all

The Top 10 Landing Page Components You Should Include

1. State the USP or Value Proposition in the page header (H1) and be short, bold and to the point in 5 to 8 word – E.G. The best performing privacy window films.

2. Add a visual focus (picture or video) at the top of the page, just under the page header/title is ideal.

3. Make sure your features and benefits are clearly stated and focus on the benefits as solutions for your reader.

4. Segment different sections or type of information and add subheadings (H2’s/H3’s) to show the reader at a glance what the section of content below relates to.

5. Add a single clear CTA (call to action) just once on the page, and generally after the benefits have been detailed, so the reader has digested the information about your topic and then any click-through/submission has a high chance of completing/converting, as they made an informed choice to “click”. If your CTA is a form, keep the fields required to the very minimum you need.

6. Make sure the page components and layout is tidy and do not confuse the reader by having items too close together. Ensure there is enough “white” space on the page.

7. Include testimonials our/and customer comments on the page to build trust and back up the claims in your text.

8. Use realistic scenarios to demonstrate the possible outcomes your reader could get/find – E.G. Mrs. X had problem Y and using our solution A saved her 10 hours a week and £$£$’s.

9. Where appropriate try to offer some kind of guarantee – E.G. Choose us and get a 10 year guarantee.

10. Make your page easy to share with others, via social media platforms, by email etc.

@faithgirlfl I think point 5 can be an exception in case the product/landing page is a bit longer that technically should not be. If the product/landing page is too long to scroll down and have multiple sections, you can put down your CTAs on those specific section that can really trigger users to take an action.

For example- If there is a section showing industry use cases i.e. industries that may use your solution will have less chances to trigger clicking a CTA, but as @Optimal-Andy mentioned, if the CTAs are placed against, benefits, pricing, testimonials and USP, you may end up getting higher CTRs on CTAs.