Time to get roasted

b10huskers

Name: Run DMSquid

Tagline: unlimited videos for a flat monthly price.

The product: We specialize in video-ads, video explainers, video teasers, video infographics, and listicles. Video's length can be anything from 5 to 90 seconds. Our videos are Full HD Quality 1080p. We offer native video format, interactive videos, commercial tracks, and fonts. We can add company logos and watermarks. We guarantee the quality: unlimited free revisions and 15-days 100% money back guarantee.

Our productivized service aims at small businesses, bloggers, freelancers that want to resell videos, and marketing agencies.

The market: I don't know any direct competitor. There was a website called videodojo.co that offered the same service but it seems to be down. Indirect competitors are the main freelancing platforms and online video makers.

Product analysis: our product helps our customers to save time (we manage the freelancers), offers guarantees about quality (unlimited free revisions and 15-days 100% money back guarantee). We have healthy margins (45-50% before taxes).

Online video makers have a learning curve and have weaknesses: some are good for animations, others for infographics, others have great music and fonts so it can become time-consuming and expensive. They have the advantage of maximum personalization (the user does exactly the video that he wants) and higher brand recognition.

Freelancing platforms have higher brand recognition and can have higher results, but it's time-consuming to find (lots of fake reviews) and manage the right freelancer.

Customer conversion strategy: I have two other B2B services, I want to convince my existing customers to try my new offering and then take advantage of word of mouth.

The website: https://rundmsquid.com/ I didn't want the typical Saas design. I believe that the design of your website is part of your brand and having the same page as everybody else doesn't work. I want a landing page that people love or hate, that they remember with joy and even disgust. Clearly, I will find more people that hate it but I'm fine with that. I know that right now lacks samples and customer reviews, both incredibly important. We have just started (less than two weeks ago), we are working on it and we will have it done in a week for sure. Right now my conversion rate is 3,8% (only organic traffic=startup directories and social media, not considering clients I had from my other businesses). I'm pretty sure that with samples and customer reviews can go above 5%.

I want to hear your opinion guys!

Back