TinyUX - Grid based low-fi wireframing on your mobile phone

synthia

Video showing how TinyUX works

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.juliushuijnk.tools.tinyux

You tap icons to create wireframes and do visual brainstorming.

Some choices:

- Created in React Native , but Android only, because I first want to validate interest before buying $100/year Apple dev account.

- Single purchase ~$5, because it was quicker to build than in-app-purchases for freemium.

- No text at all. So for all languages. Downside is that onboarding is a bit hard, with only a modal that explains things in icons.

- There is no account or back-end. Much easier to build, cheaper for me, and no worries about security. But online features are obvious candidate for version 2.

- You can output image of selected rectangle, making it easy to share on Slack, GitLab, etc.

Some upcoming features:

- Export & import source files

- Image import

More long term:

- Online features

- Interpreted image import. So take picture of wireframe, import and directly manipulate in app.

Cutting my day-job hours in half next year (2023) to focus more on this project. Hope to promote this from side project to main project/job.

Just yesterday created super simple website (video, 3 images & button): https://www.tinyux.app

I welcome your feedback!

TinyUX - Main interface has lots of buttons and large canvas.

icons can 'merge' to form single shape, like with arrows and buttons.

Example of output image. This is me brainstorming the \"Hide top bar\" and \"Save clipboard as compnent\" features. Both features now in the app.

@patersonchristian > Does it work on tablets?

It should, but have not tested myself. Works well on landscape. Created it to be responsive, with menu bars being scroll-able.

> Is it possible to work on multiple projects?

There are multiple boards (icon on top left corner), you can rename a board. Eventually I want to add more things like projects, project information like stakeholders, project specific brushes (logos, etc).

> Seems exactly what I was looking for in terms of interface

Cool :) Let me know if you have any more questions.

@synthia Hello! (Product designer here). I definitely could see myself using a low-fi wireframing kit like this. Right now, I either do this by hand or a Figma library. But, most of my work is done on a laptop as I feel it's more comfortable to look at and use besides my small phone. My phone is actually put away for most of my work day.

I could see myself using a tablet more than my phone so would highly suggest exploring/optimizing a tablet experience!