Trust me! Market your saas as a VS Code extension. Best decision I ever made

leanne01

Hey guys,

Making software for programmers is a tough sell. They're well-paid but would rather spend 3 years tinkering before paying 5$ for your saas.

However, I think I cracked the code. I turned my saas into a VS Code extension!

I make custom file formats for internet companies and I must admit, finding my first batch of customers was super difficult.

https://preview.redd.it/1rdchhudfg1...bp&s=ee48951cea292ce738fe903cfc50faef8b2c637d

While searching for customers, I came to a sudden realization. My target audience spent almost all their time writing code inside Visual Studio! If I wanted to interact with programmers then I had to bring myself closer to them!

Honestly, this realization changed my life! I looked at the VS Code API and I must admit, it was a mess! So I just opened Visual Studio Code and brute forced my way into an extension. I loved the experience and I wish someone told me earlier. Furthermore, there existed a VS Code Marketplace where you can list your extension for FREE!

To turn your Saas into an extension. You only need to know Javascript. It's super-easy to learn. I made a course for anyone interested in exploring VS Code as an entrepreneur. Here's a coupon available to the first 50 people to sign up!

Back