Upcoming AmA with AJ (Carrd.co): "Hi, I accidentally bootstrapped Carrd to $1M ARR, 3 million sites, and a funding round "

clmorgan

EDIT: We're live here!

👋 Who is the guest: bio​

Hi folks! I'm AJ, the guy behind random projects like HTML5 UP, Pixelarity, and for the last few years Carrd, a platform for creating one-page sites for pretty much anything (from personal profiles to landing pages to ... well, a whole bunch of use cases I never anticipated ;)

Carrd began life back in 2015 as an experiment to see if I could tackle a big project (like a site builder) entirely on my own using skills I'd picked up from years of doing smaller projects. After months of work it finally launched on both Twitter and Product Hunt in early 2016 and despite having zero expectations it ... kind of blew up. Since then Carrd has grown into a platform that hosts over 3.3M sites (built by some 2.2M users), generates over $1M ARR, has become a popular tool in the no-code movement, and has even become something of a phenomenon among various subcultures. Despite all this, Carrd has remained lean (just me on product/dev and my now-cofounder Doni on operations/biz), profitable, and continues to grow organically without any paid marketing or advertising. We did, however, close on a small funding round earlier this year (which might sound weird given that we're profitable but we had our reasons -- happy to elaborate though).

Anyway, ask me anything!

🗺️ When and where​

Sep 13, 2021. See time at the top of this page (it'll be in your timezone)
  • Twitter, for the 1st hour. Live AmA there, with an interactive Twitter Spaces room
  • Reddit (in this subreddit) after that, for text Q&A
    • Come join us on Twitter for the 1st hour of LIVE AmA
    • If you're coming in later, look for the pinned post on Reddit, to ask your question(s)

⚡ What you have to do​

• Click follow (upper right corner).
  • You will get a notification when this AmA starts! Post your question(s) in the AmA thread made by our guest, after the announced date.

🎙️ Podcast​

If you'll miss the Twitter Spaces room, it will have been recorded and placed in the podcast.

Check out this subreddit's podcast: The Usual SaaSpects, where I talk to people about SaaS, but also the broader topics: business, creating and ultimately... the broadest topic: life and what it means to live a good life.

Full AmA schedule of upcoming guests here.

Love, Ch Daniel ❤️

EDIT: We're live here!