Useful experience for that side project

joegar007

Hey everyone!

As an entrepreneur (with quite a few misfires under my belt) I know that gaining startup experience can be extremely valuable. This is why I thought I'd share my latest side-project with you all.

My name is Max and I recently started The Ranking, a website where I compile job opportunities at recently funded startups. I focus on lesser-known and publicized companies that have been backed by the top VCs and are growing at a great pace. Working for a startup can be an incredible experience, and as a plus, most of them offer stock options.

I recently compiled a list of 10 recently funded startups and I included some of their open positions.

I also send out a free newsletter with curated job opportunities every Tuesday and Thursday. You can subscribe here.

Hope this is useful for you all!

1. BlackBird Labs

This is a web-3 platform for restaurants to connect with customers via rewards, loyalty programs, and memberships. Blackbird Labs is based in New York and was founded by hospitality industry veteran Ben Leventhal. They recently raised an $11 million seed round led by Union Square Ventures, Shine Capital, and Multicoin Capital, and they are ready to grow.

As of right now, they plan to launch during S1 of 2023 and are currently looking for the following to join their team remotely:
2. Shares

This is a social media platform for investors to trade, manage their portfolios, and discuss opportunities with friends and family. You might have seen them on the news, as they made public that the Williams sisters (Venus and Serena) became their first brand ambassadors.

Shares is based in London and recently raised a $40 million series B led by Valar Ventures. They currently have 16 openings in Paris, Krakow, and London. Here are the product-related roles (all in London):
You’ll be happy to know that they offer hybrid working, meaningful stock options 29 days of holiday and private healthcare.

3. Revelio Labs

This is a startup that analyzes millions of public employment records to create a universal HR database that its customers can use to understand workforce dynamics and trends.

The company is based in New York yet all of its open positions are remote. A few days ago, they raised a $15 million series A led by Elephant Partners. Here are their available jobs for software engineers:
4. Kive

They are a Swedish startup that offers an intuitive way to organize your team’s visual libraries using AI and machine learning. It makes it easier to create mood boards and brief your teams on what you are doing.

They recently received a $7 million seed round led by Heartcore. Despite being based in Stockholm, all of their open positions are remote. They offer stock options, 6 weeks of paid vacation, and the tools you need to do your job. Here are a few of their openings:
5. Gather AI

This innovative startup is using consumer-grade drones to help companies inventory items in warehouses. Why? They say consumer-grade drones are cheaper and more scalable than their commercial-grade counterparts.

Gather AI recently raised a $10 million series A led by Tribeca Venture Partners. They are based in Pittsburgh but have openings in a few locations, including India. Here are some of their roles:
6. Airwallex

Airwallex is an Australian global payment and banking infrastructure firm. Its headquartered in Melbourne though its teams are spread throughout Asia and they also have offices in San Francisco and London.

They recently raised a huge $100 million series E led by HostPlus and are valued at $5.5 billion, meaning they are already a large company with quite a few openings. Here are a few that caught our attention:
7. Meilisearch

It is an open-source search engine that can be integrated into apps, websites, and workflows. What’s more, the software offers typo tolerance, filters, and synonyms are provided from the start.

The 26-person startup recently raised $15 million series A led by Felicis and is ready for expansion. They currently have 2 remote job openings and are open to spontaneous applications:
A few perks: stock options, a 4-day work week, 6 weeks of paid time off, and access to a mental health platform.

8. Factorial

This is a Spanish HR platform that’s taking the World by storm by allowing businesses to automate and centralize employee and team processes such as recruiting, onboarding, absences, and payroll.

Based in Barcelona, they recently raised a $120 million series C led by Atomico. They have a variety of open positions in Barcelona, Miami, Sao Paulo, and remote. Here are a few of the remote jobs (and their salaries):
9. SettleMint

This is a platform that allows developer teams to build blockchain apps with no prior blockchain expertise. They noticed that practically no developers have experience with this technology, yet it will become increasingly important.

SettleMint is a remote company with a global presence. They recently raised a $15.6 million series A led by Molten Ventures. They are growing at a very quick pace and have a lot of open positions. Here are a few available engineering roles:
10. Homa

They are a platform for indie mobile game studios to create, publish and optimize games. They help creators test, stay on top of trends and monetize their games which have been downloaded over 1 billion times.

The company is expanding rapidly: they recently raised a $100 million series B led by Quadrille Capital and Headline. As of right now, they offer remote options though most are based in Paris and Barcelona. Here are a few:
Don’t live in Paris? They say “No worries, we offer sponsorship, relocation packages, and full remote options.” Not bad.