We built a tool that helps convert free trial abusers and account sharers into paying customers. Test it with us

dxlm88

Hello everyone,

A few months ago, I asked the SaaS community if they had a problem with users sharing accounts and abusing free trials to avoid paying for subscriptions. After receiving many different responses, I decided to dig deeper and interview a few companies that might be experiencing this issue. It turned out they had it and were looking for a solution (some even tried to build it in-house) that could detect these users, so they could convert them or, in the worst case, block them.

This is where I saw an opportunity and decided to develop an MVP to test my hypothesis. It took our team three months to build, and now the beta version is ready for testing.

The tool is still raw, and the user interface was created using Bubble (the official UI and landing page are coming soon), the backend is already doing its job. We've tested our algorithm on our friends' projects, and the results were impressive - we were able to identify a considerable number of account sharers (3% out of 13,000 users analyzed) on an edtech platform with an average course price of $800.

While we haven't tested the free trial abuse detection on real clients yet, it's also working quite well. We simulated free trial abuse and detected suspicious behavior in 8 out of 10 cases.

Here's what our product does:
  • Detects account sharing
  • Detects free trial abuse
  • Provides detailed analytics on your users, including:
    • Percentage of accounts being shared
    • Percentage of free trial abusers
  • Helps you convert these users into paying customers:
    • Webhooks (to integrate with your marketing flow)
    • API (to integrate with your app)
The tool can be helpful to any business that sells subscriptions and/or provides free trials. It turned out to be great for edtech too, since a lot of people share credentials of the course platforms with their friends/colleagues.

Our team is based in Ukraine🇺🇦. The team specializes in adtech (tracking, fingerprinting) and edtech, with a focus on ML. Before this, I was working on an adtech/streaming startup that unfortunately had to pause operations due to the war, thus the inability to secure the next investment round.

Now, we are ready to move to the next stage and start public beta testing. That's why I want to ask for your help. We would be very happy to have you as the first users of our product. But if the product is not relevant to you, please share this post with someone you think might find it interesting.

As a thank you, we're offering a year of free usage to the first 50 people who sign up for the test using the form below.

https://forms.gle/gLjUcdNNqE4YyQJR6

Later, we will add an option to get the subscription in exchange for a donation to the Ukrainian army.

@dxlm88 Sounds cool. Do you mind adding a brief overview of the product directly into the questionnaire? I'll then share it with a few people from my network who could benefit from this.