What would you do in my boat?

adoely

Need some advice on a business dealing

I spoke to a silent partner of a company im an employee of that is worth around 10m and will do 3m in profit this year.

I bring in around 40% of the gross revenue. The main owner wants to sell me at a 10m evaluation. But I spoke to one of the silent partners that owned around 27% and he has agreed to sell me around 10% at a 7m valuation and is willing to “finance” it to me at a 8% apr.

Now the thing is I only have around $25k currently that I can invest.

My current salary is $80k plus 3.5% commission of gross sales which will be around $130-50 this year. So every quarter I can pay for the equity.

The only caveat is that the main owner has to agree to this.

What do y’all advice that I do?

How can I go about drafting a legal document for something like this? How would this work?

@camaroman58 But be ready to walk if you don't get a favorable deal... its the only leverage you have... and never buy less than 51 percent or you really have no say or control.

Find a business broker or attorney to help.

@khaellis It’s not realistic for everyone to always have more than 50% equity of a business. Today they have 0%. Additionally they could negotiate some changes to the shareholders agreement to make sure key decisions are unanimous.

@adoely It may not be possible or at least affordable. Instead you could focus on making sure the shareholders agreement gives you protections even as a minority shareholder (e.g key decisions, first refusal on other shares, dilution protection etc).

Back