Where can I talk about/promote a NFL analytics related website I created?

stefo

I am currently working on a project website for fun that calculates a ton of NFL analytics. Some of these analytics may be useful for gambling, some are just really cool to see/learn/understand. I also want to add that we create some visuals with the data we calculate.

My question is, where can I promote/advertise/see if anyone is interested in using the site? How could I create traffic into this?

@stefo Can you start with telling us what you already have considered?

My intent of the request is to respect people's time and effort so responders are not telling you what you already have considered.

Do you have a marketing plan? Is it going to be a for profit thing? I am assuming so being you posted in /r/startup. How much are you planning on charging? What does it give over other stats sites?

@stefo honestly if you time it right, the fantasy football subreddit could be clutch for you. of all the nfl fans, the fantasy footballers are most likely to be data oriented. and many gamble as it is.

during the season, it's chaos with breaking news, injury and roster updates, and people spamming the sub for starting lineup advice so you'd probably strugle or get screamed at to go away.

but if you post just as the season is gearing up, maybe during the preason so you can feed the live data into your project and produce helpful results, you may find some people interested.

but also, every so often during the season someone posts some data oriented info and everyone eats it up.

@stefo For organic traffic, focus on sharing structured insights every week on the fantasyfootball subreddit. Make sure you’re bringing something differentiated. Over time offer a premium service with additional deeper insights. A number of data scientists have built nice small businesses for their analytics offerings by creating a following on the sub.

Back