Which features makes banking website good?

robbentley

Here the list I think about:
  1. Create a responsive design so that your banking website will display correctly on any device, from laptops and personal computers to smartphones and tablets.
  2. Maximize customers’ data security; it should be among your priorities.
  3. Maintain brand integrity, use corporate colors, and develop your design conception to follow.
  4. Make banking website’s navigation simple and clean; it helps enhance user experience.
  5. Make your website accessible for clients with visual disabilities.
  6. Create a corporate blog with financial advice, company news, and helpful tips for clients; unique content will also attract new visitors to your banking website.
  7. Use prominent, creative and appealing calls-to-actions; it’s one of the ways to improve conversions.
  8. Make your banking website search engine friendly; it’s a crucial part of any online marketing strategy.
  9. Integrate marketing automation tools (e.g., lead forms) into your website’s CRM to enhance email communications.
That list I wanna to place in my article (banking website development) if you could help me with the list I would really appreciate))

@robbentley You’re thinking like someone making a webpage. Think like someone using a webpage. Why does Joe average bank customer go there? He wants to check a balance or find an ATM or get office hours or look at lending rates or make a CC payment or etc. He wants to do the task quickly, easily and in a way that doesn’t make him think he’s stupid. He doesn’t want to dig too hard to find it, doesn’t want 40 ads to get in the way, doesn’t want offers and reminders.

Read about user stories and use cases. Think in that context. Read the book “don’t make me think”. Your list is all good, but it’s inspecific fluff. Any one of those (all but a couple) are tablestakes. “No, I don’t want to keep my data secure... “. Nobody would say that.

Been doing this for well over 20 years and so often I get these specs or requests with requirements like these. The person always acts proud of what they’re bringing but none let a team take action. Might as well say “just make it real good, m’kay?”

@creator Thank you for this! I'm not OP but I have something I'm trying to get people to use and now realize there's no time for explanation and that I need to streamline usability.

@creator Goals should also have discrete metrics to validate success. For example something like:

A user action should take less than 0.5 seconds from the time they click a button to the time they receive a response from the server while 500 concurrent connections are performing their own transactions as well. A requirement like this gets people thinking about how they can generate the scaffolding to perform the tests to validate.

When a data breach is identified, the affected customers must be notified within one hour. A requirement like this gets people thinking about all the other components required so that they can perform the action in the event of breach. They shouldn't be scrambling to run an adhoc report after the breach. The tools to manage the event should already be established.

@robbentley Question - considering you're aiming this article at banks I assume you keep getting requests from small independent banks that are unsure whether they need a website at all, unsure what features a bank needs and have a very small budget?

Very interesting if so. I probably wouldn't want to put my money with them though.

My point is, I'm sure you're good at what you do, but who the hell is this post aimed at?

@robbentley Tbh this article and your list are pretty low quality. It is full of generic stuff that applies to any website.

Also I'm curious what bank that takes itself seriously isn't already doing all those things that you listed?