Which logo do you prefer? Please give me honest criticism as to which one I should aim to use. Part 2

alusuw

I asked this same question on the thread below. I want to make this a 'Part 2' that highlights a few examples I've created using Canva. Please let me know if any of them are good logos.

I have every other aspect of my cleaning business figured out. I want to make sure that this logo is good from your perspective! If they all suck, please say so!

Thanks ahead of time! Your input and criticism is appreciated.

P.S. I am trying my hardest to scrape every dollar I can to start this business, I am planning on having a professional make me a logo, but for now I just want to be able to have somethin good and decent

https://preview.redd.it/nou9bvr4302...bp&s=da140df2f5ce01fbf8bc1dfbcfe3f93024491a66

https://preview.redd.it/i6q6cfz6302...bp&s=f509f3f6b16096ce1c5c5aaa9a67f829ffe5c2b4

https://preview.redd.it/u8qm7h2a302...bp&s=fd38d4fdda9fe3fc69de127a9ee4bfd88d6a0915

https://preview.redd.it/cwl7mpzc302...bp&s=56594567195fc11312946e7ae71a5b1cb6b3fe92

@alusuw I design logos and none of these are any good (sorry but you should know). Get rid of the slogan, especially from the logo. If you want to use the key thing use just the broomkey from that logo and put the text with it. Also are you sold on that name? Putting company in the name is just so weird and unnecessary. We know it's a business. This is why people pay for logos and branding, it's not easy or simple and getting it right is super important.

@alusuw Same usability issues as with the former logos, text is way to small in relation to the whole logo.

Think about a website header, you normaly only have 50-100px in height. How about a small logo on a t-shirt, business card, invoice, ...

@alusuw From someone who works with logos all day (not making them, but reproducing them)

3rd is easiest for shirts, stickers (for vehicles), awards (for employees), etc. But you should make the bottom text follow the circle at least.

@alusuw Tbh don't dig the colors, images, or text size. Your name shows very directly that you're a cleaning company. Plus the name is long which means it'll be difficult to fit unless abbreviated. If I were you I'd just use the name in some cool bold font. It'll work well for your logos round version, plus you can add a broom or a "cleaning kit" in longer horizontal ones

@alusuw If you could do a line drawing of the third broom with a key done in the same style as the first option and have a similar outlining circle as the first, that'd be be best.

Your company name, ''Robust Cleaning Company' can follow the logo to the right hand side but it's best to have a super simple graphic that you can have be small but recognizable. Great for stickers on documents you want to jazz up or small layouts like mobile.

"Your key to clean" is a great tagline that could be a header on your front page as well as part of your signatures (your automated email signature etc. or even the top of a site footer).

Looking at all major logos, you should recognize the company without them having to incorporate their name (like disney, chase, reddit) into the logo.

@alusuw I don’t love any of them but I think you’re on the right track. I paid someone on Etsy $65.00. They took my logo idea for inspiration and came up with three ideas for me. All three wee better than my own. The fee included fine tuning my favorite And delivering it to me in multiple file formats. Best $65 I’ve ever spent.

@alusuw Please center the circumferential point on the designs, non-symmetrical makes my head hurt. I just see unaligned circles and bad placed text. And maybe change the colors? There’s a big difference to just a logo to an eye catching design. Use blue + white, add more borders, it’s a cleaning company the logo should appeal to a clean experience.

@reborneth Completely agree. Unless you have billions of dollars to market your brand and convert a little swoosh into meaning some kind of victory wing shoe company, the right logo for a small business is simple. Don't make me think. I should be able to tell at a glance exactly what you do - anything else defeats the purpose of having a picture/graphic at all.

Being as constructive as possible here - brown/tan is the wrong color for "clean" (just like dentists don't use brown palettes). The circle and words are all too much for a user to take in at a glance. The key makes me think of a locksmith - not a cleaning company.

The link above serves the purpose IMO. Grab one of those that resonates with you and which would be understood instantly by a customer and then move on. Logos can be fun to spend time on, but they don't mean much without some sales and customers under your belt. Worry about developing your brand's story and marketing (and related logo) later on when you've proven your model.

Back