Who is keen in revolutionizing tattoo removal

jnapalo

Tattoos are widely common. Different statistics claim that at least 50% of millenials have at least one nowadays. Therefore the tattoo removal market is considered to be one of the fastest growing markets within the next years. And if you look at the youngsters on social media, it won't stop...

In general, we have a demand for healthful and wholesome decisions nowadays, that is what most of the upcoming companies are about. So we got that with food, exercise, tons of apps coming with mindfulness etc.

In Germany, we had a lot of studies published recently, that warned about the effects of lasers on particular pigments/colors. The risk assessment agency "BfR" found toxic by-products and said that the long term hazards for the organism are still not clear. https://www.bfr.bund.de/en/laser_ir...strand_breaks_in_human_skin_cells-204849.html

Therefore, I talked to a lot of people, that don't want to do these treatments anymore, even though they mentally suffer from their tattoo decisions and wished to have it off their body. Also, some people I talked to even just started regretting the ink by it's possible effects on the organism, so for them, it would be a relief too, to make it undone visually and materially.

As I see in certain sub reddits and tattoo communities, lasers get more and more of a bad reputation. As nobody really was interested in tattooed individuals, their health or their needs for decades, this long , expensive and stressful procedure could climb up to be the "Goldstandard" and hold the monopoly for 40 years without any interest in progression from dermatologists sides.

Besides health hazards it has huge downsides as it can't guarantee a full removal, people that reacted allergic to pigments shouldn't do it, as it got spread within the body, people with dark skin tones experience pigmentation issues, there still might be some skin reactions as scarring, etc.

People seek mental support in the tattooremoval sub with all the distress the procedure causes them.

So why is it such an underserved thing, even though in the near future almost 50% of the whole population might be subjects for it?! It seems like nobody is even thinking of it because either you're tattooed and love it, not tattooed and don't know about these feelings at all, or you regret you tattoo and are in laser treatment already, because there is nothing else.

If we could put work and proper research into developing the first treatment, especially designed for tattoos (everything else including laser was Off-Label in the beginning as it was developed for other conditions originally), that is about 100% particle removal from the organism, and maybe would just need a treatment or two, that could make us billionaires if it works and we got the right marketing strategy.

We could work with further critical studies regarding pigments in genreal, as well as pigment laser interaction, and strongly focus the whole corporate design on being the first customized, healthful alternative.

I found a patent from Harvard actually, that claims to be able to extract particles with fluids and suction. The main thing here is to use this after an initial laser treatment. They also claim a method where it can be achieved without lasers, by using certain enzymes to free the cells.​

I think a big thing here is transparent research, as other Start-Ups like ClearIT Eraser lack of proof and communication with their fanbase (they really do have one haha), which makes many people disbelieving new tech rn.

So there should be a real proof for extraction as well as no risk of long term effects coming from cell lysis mechanisms, which is complicated and should be evaluated very carefully. Some of the enzymes they list as possibilieites don't really sound good to me, others, as simple liposomes, do. THere shouldn't be another case of treatment where health concerns pop up decades later. Research on eye level with the customer could provide this and also be the best marketing you could get.

There could be little scans/microcameras, whatever showing how much pigment leaves the body. I bet everybody would prefer this security for peace of mind beside the aesthetic approach.

Here's the patent, who is down to license it?

https://trea.com/information/system...lication/c613bd58-7ee9-4206-8e75-5cb57a8a5dd4

I think the best case would be to pay em money for a license for one market (Europe/Northamerica) and develope the final procedure/device together with them. If you got them as your scientific board, it'll be top notch.

I think there is hardly any market as underestimated as tattoo removal. Of course all the research and trials are incredibly expensive, so it's something beyond creating a new app or juice. But if that works. Guys... I mean people in Harvard developed it. I do have a vision where it might work without an initial laser treatment and the start-up would sell a device which is like a little needled patch connected to a machine, that provides dermal lavage and sucks everything out at once. Might be a treatment of 2 hours sucking everything out, but it wouldn't cost more than 10-20 rounds of expensive laser treatments.

What do you guys think?

@jnapalo This is such a need. I mean ClearIT claims it well. Underserved is the term for the market which they use. I think they can make it, but have a similar approach with suction of particles.. So another company would just be god to have customer choose. I bet fluids and suction is the future!

@mynach Also a good one. Still skeptical with the acid though. I f they'd use an enzyme like in the harvard patent that would be it I guess! Good that they got the suction part in it as well though!

Back