With the design tool I started 4 months ago, I (26 y/o) make revenue of $11K MRR. - AMA

drstevejsock

5-6 months ago, I aimed to create a full-fledged design tool based on AI. I managed to do this 4 months ago. Launched at the end of January, the product reached $11K MRR in as little as 4 months.

If anyone is interested to learn how this became possible, what drove my passion to do this, or anything else, feel free to ask!

@613jono Gladly. About 6 months ago, I was in a big depression.

The news of layoffs around the world had a bad impact on me and many developers like me. Shortly after these news, the company I worked for decided to downsize and the process of laying off my coworkers had begun. This meant that I could also be fired at any moment.

After a few strange, creepy, thought-provoking and shocked nights, I decided to do something for my own future. I was thinking that I should do every idea I saw like a chicken who doesn't know where to run. But as you can imagine, as someone who works at a 9-5 job, time is your biggest obstacle.

After a while, after I recovered myself and took a little breath, I started thinking about the problems I was experiencing myself. At that time, one of my very close friends was creating his own side project. I decided to talk to him and ask him questions about how he decided to create his project, how he found the problem.

The conversation I had with him was inspiring from my point of view. That's why I started doing more research about what kind of problems people around me and on social media are having. During this process, I saw that another friend of mine was having problems during the logo creation process. Social media is also this, I've seen a lot of reddit, quora, facebook posts about this topic. That's why I decided to create an AI-based logo design tool.

As I said, I bought a boilerplate because I was having trouble with time and wanted to create my project immediately. I created my product by taking advantage of it during this process. While creating my product, I wanted to determine the points I was missing by taking the ideas of my friends. A friend of mine said that I can use this tool not only for logo design, but also for designs such as tattoos, logos, illustrations and NFT. That made a lot of sense to me. Because I was so focused on creating a product, I didn't think where else I could use this tool in a useful way.

After making these arrangements, I created my product and started marketing it. It was very useful for me to use a marketing guide here as well. I preferred to use completely organic marketing methods. Backlinks, social media content and then SEO blogs. I used the marketing guide to create a strong backlink. There was a list created by taking into account the domain authorities.

I was able to make my first sale within 3 days after the January 18 Product Hunt launch and the process of starting marketing work. By the way, we became the fifth best app of the day in product hunt.

After that, we reached $11K MRR within 4 months with our ongoing marketing efforts.

@mushy366 The name of my tool is Sketch Logo AI. I created a strong backlink using a marketing guide. I supported this with social media content. When SEO developed, I started writing SEO blogs. I have chosen a completely organic marketing process.

Back