Would anyone care if I tried solving "inflation uncertainty" problem? [crosspost r/Entrepreneur]

apparition

CPI is constantly changed by the FED, and other central banks follow it up. What really matters is the rent people pay, food and beverages they ingest and the clothes they buy to wear, everything else simply remains in the upper stages of the Maslow pyramid.

In simplest terms, I live in London UK, CPI based inflation is reported as about 6.7%, my rent doubled since last year, real estate market isn't the same street to street, however I keep an eye on rent and especially short term rates went up by crazy amounts! Food and beverages prices rose much more than 6.7% as well, and these are my main expenses considering how little I spend on clothes...

Does this not bother anybody else? I have an idea of calculating the inflation city by city based on expenses, alongside gathering suggestions regarding investment choices for the working class and middle class. Would you be interested? Do you have any other problem areas/ideas/suggestions? I'd love to hear it. Thanks!